WAG conditioning at home - every day? every other day? once a week?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

lisiflex

Hey guys!

So as I already posted, I started tumbling/acrobatics some months ago. In training we warm up with jumping, running and some simple "strength" exercises, but no one in my class is really able to perform even one single pull-up or more than 5 V-Ups, so we actually do no strength at all and there is no opportunity to join a more "serious" class.
I joined different tumbling classes, so I train 4 times a week for 2 hours, which is mostly tumbling things (handsprings, tucks, aerials etc.). Anyway, I know that I won't get a lot stronger with this kind of training, but I really want to.
I always feel a little sore after each training, because of course each session our coach throws in some different and new exercises (I am mostly sore in arms+legs, never in core!), but I won't get really strong.

I have some quiet high strength goals for myself: straddle press to handstand, 20 hanging leg raises (90° to bar), 10 pull-ups, 5 pull-up pullovers to name a few.

I have a very good training shedule which I could follow. It focuses on arms (25 minutes) legs (35 minutes) and abs+core (40minutes) and gives very good progressive exercises.

I just don't know how often or frequent I should train. As we don't do strength in training, would it be good to do:
- arms+legs on one day and abs+core on the other day 6-7 days a week
- arms+legs once or twice every week on training free days and core 4 times a week
- all together 1-2 a week??

If I am still a little sore from the training the day before and not able to do my maximum sets of an exercise because I am still a little tired, is it beneficial to train "over" it? Will this get me stronger or will it hinder the process?

Hope somebody has tipps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back