Parents Conditioning before practice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2-4

Proud Parent
Does anyone condition before practice? DD's HC just changed the format to do conditioning before practice, has anyone heard of this? I think maybe too many girls leaving early for homework etc. I saw my DD working floor and looked like she was tumbling in sand. I asked her about it she said they have conditioned for the 1st hour for the last month. She said her last two rotations have been terrible since. Will this get better or is this a big problem?

Our girls have a different set rotation each day so it varies between conditioning sets and apparatus where they start

DD's and DS's warmups both include some conditioning. The girls actually have different warmups for different days with names like "core 1," "core 2," "leg strength 1," etc. The boys aren't quite as structured, but it's a rare practice that doesn't start with some group conditioning.

Both dd's condition before practice, they do 1h conditioning and the 3h practice. Sometimes though they supplement vault for conditioning if kids are injured or if 1 kid shows up ( there are 3 optional groups one group has 7 kids, one have 4, and the other 5, in the group of five 3 are injured, and 1 kid has trouble showing up I gym if her injured friend isn't there )

We have always done conditioning first for about 45 mins in a 3 hour session

DDs team does a pretty intense "warm up" for the first 30-45 mins, then ends with another 20-25 min of conditioning every practice.

The warmup rotates through a few different routines..

During the summer our boys do an hour of conditioning at the beginning of practice. Now that we're in competition season, they spend more time working routines and usually do about 30 minutes of conditioning at the end of practice.

Does anyone condition before practice? DD's HC just changed the format to do conditioning before practice, has anyone heard of this? I think maybe too many girls leaving early for homework etc. I saw my DD working floor and looked like she was tumbling in sand. I asked her about it she said they have conditioned for the 1st hour for the last month. She said her last two rotations have been terrible since. Will this get better or is this a big problem?
She always did about 45 to 60 of warm up and stretch but the 1 hour of strength training was always after rotations. Now they do none at the end just finish rotations. I think the girls like it because they are less tired leaving the gym. But I have noticed pretty tired legs if they finish on vault or floor.

It varies, different days have different schedules. They always do a big block of conditioning first on a couple of practices/week, about 1hr not including the 30min warmup. They never do conditioning at the end, always in the beginning. They stretch at the end every day.

DD usually has a short conditioning set before rotations and then another 30 minutes at the end.

Ours do warm up/stretch/condition for 30 minutes at beginning of practice and then do additional conditioning stations at each apparatus rotation.

We do pre and post session conditioning. First half hour is usually warm up and pre conditioning. Then 5 25 minute rotations with specific skill conditioning built in then 20 minutes of post conditioning. Saturday is different as they train all day. There is a lot to pack into each session!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back