Anon Countdown to competition training

• Thread starter Anonymous (4ad6)
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (4ad6)

What is your training plan or method of preparing WAG optional (DP) for 1-2 weeks out from a competition? For example, we are 2 weeks out from Regionals how many routines or sets are your girls getting through?

Vault: 8-10 vauts a day or too much?
Bars: 6-8 routines and drill problem parts? 2-3 in a row or try 8?
Beam: similar to bars?
Floor: 1 routine and 6-8 of each pass, 10 leap or jump combo, 10 turns made?

Just curious what others do to prepare between competitions. I've been out of competitive coaching for a few years. As I have returned, things are coming back to me regarding preparing and training.
Any suggestions are welcome.

What is your training plan or method of preparing WAG optional (DP) for 1-2 weeks out from a competition? For example, we are 2 weeks out from Regionals how many routines or sets are your girls getting through?

Vault: 8-10 vauts a day or too much?
Bars: 6-8 routines and drill problem parts? 2-3 in a row or try 8?
Beam: similar to bars?
Floor: 1 routine and 6-8 of each pass, 10 leap or jump combo, 10 turns made?

Just curious what others do to prepare between competitions. I've been out of competitive coaching for a few years. As I have returned, things are coming back to me regarding preparing and training.
Any suggestions are welcome.
At my gym, this would be too many. I don’t know the coaching styles of different gyms but as a gymnast this sounds very rough on your body do to so many hard landings and repetitions right before regionals. Focusing on pressure settings is what my coach does with only 2-3 reps of each. Maybe 5 vaults, and more jumps leaps turns, but tumbling elements and routines def 2-3. I’ve had many teammates get overuse injuries at my old gym with higher reps. I think the best thing to do is focus on the quality not packing in numbers, in my experience and watching others if your not ready by now you won’t be much more ready in two weeks for regionals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back