DD had her best meet ever

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

twoofthem

My lvl 7 had a meet this weekend and she rocked it with a 37.35.

She just got her giant a few weeks ago and missed two weeks of training because of travel for two big back to back meets. So bars will be what they will be...

She started on bars and had the highest score on her team, higher even than a girl on her team that is a 3yr lvl 7 (no idea why, girl should be an 8 but she is new to the gym). She got a 9.375. Her bars looked great.

Beam was pretty solid with only one big wobble but she stayed on and a small step on dismount, 9.4.

Floor looked great 9.525

On to vault where we never expect anything. She has too much power and she's been written off for any kind of big score. Everyone is looking forward to next year when she can take that power and flip it. Come on lvl 8..lol But she ended up with a 9.05, which is great for her. Even after she had a false start with a bad run. She never gets in the 9's on vault.

I don't really keep track of other kids scores at meets so I didn't know what to expect at awards. Vault she got 7th and they call the rest and she got first on every other event and first all around. Kid had the biggest smile on her face.

This was her most solid meet to date.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back