DD"s first meet. :-)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jen H.

Proud Parent
I had posted in the good luck forum, and am updating here.
Jaden had a great day, she woke up at the butt-crack of dawn ready to go...but had to wait until noon to compete. She was a vibrating, excited bundle of energy all morning.

She had a really great day-competed in all 4 events, which was huge, as they had talked about scratching her on vault as she has had trouble (getting over it) with it. She had two good practice runs on vault during warm ups so they let her compete. She did great on her first vault, got over and actually landed on her feet!:D Second run she crashed...but survived it.

She has also been having some issues on bars, with her squat on to high bar- mostly confidence issues. But she did it!!! The look on her face afterwards was priceless. She was beaming with pride.

Beam was great, and so was floor. She ended up with a 10th place overall, and really I don't even know if it was 10th out of how many, but she got her name called, and I think that was all that mattered to her.

Don't know about scores, don't care. My girl rocked it out yesterday and did her very best!!! :D

So glad she was able to competet AA, that is such a confidence boost to them. Also placing is very nice. Did she have FUN???

Congratulations to Jaden!!! And to you for surviving your first meet :).

She did great! Sounds from your post that she is L5 which can be tough at the beginning of the season. I remember those crashes into vault. But kudos to her for getting over- that is a huge confidence builder for the rest of the season.

Now on to the rest of the season...:)

Congratulations ! sounds like she did great. glad she did not have to scratch vault. what a confidence booster for her.

It sounds like it went great. My dd crashed on her second vault last week as well, so it happens - more frequently than we would like it to I think. Maybe next meet she won't wake up so early LOL.

How cute! It's always so exciting when they overcome fears and problem spots at a meet, so way to go on vault and the squat on! Those are both tricky skills for anyone, but especially if your dd is on the smaller side. So glad she had such a great experience to start off the season! Congrats!

Good for her! Congrats to her and you for surviving...it will get easier as the year goes on. Glad she made it over that vault, my DD was a scary sight to see on vault for much of the first couple months of her L5 season. Your DD will get it down soon and hopefully no more crashes will be involoved! Glad she had fun too...and glad she got her name called. That is really nice especially on that first meet!

Thats what its all about. You saw your dd happy and doing things you never thought she could do 6 months ago. Sounds like a great day!

Being able to see her compete in person ;) - I can tell you that you were not the only ones proud of her! I think I teared up a little when she made it over the vault as I know how hard she has been working on that!!!!!! And I'm so glad she rocked the bars! Congratulations Jaden!!!!!

Sounds like a great first meet to me!! Congrats to her! Glad she had fun and was proud of herself, in the end, that is all that really matters.

Being able to see her compete in person ;) - I can tell you that you were not the only ones proud of her! I think I teared up a little when she made it over the vault as I know how hard she has been working on that!!!!!! And I'm so glad she rocked the bars! Congratulations Jaden!!!!!

Awww.. Thanks so much, I was a sobbing mess for most of the day:p
It was amazing to see our girls and how far they have come wasn't it?!

I just posted a few pics here-

http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/brag-alert/35104-pictures-dds-first-meet.html#post176396

Yay. Sounds like she had a wonderful meet. Big congrats to her. And so fantastic that she had a great time. Really when it comes down to it, thats all that matters

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back