Parents Do you know all the kids in your child's training group?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

There used to be this one meet the girls went to every year where everyone seemed to pick up a new leo. At the practice afterward, I could never tell at a glance who anyone was, because apparently my recognition shortcut is that I know everyone's most frequently worn leos!

There used to be this one meet the girls went to every year where everyone seemed to pick up a new leo. At the practice afterward, I could never tell at a glance who anyone was, because apparently my recognition shortcut is that I know everyone's most frequently worn leos!
It's even worse when the gift at a meet is a leo. Then they are all in the same leo at the next practice.

It's even worse when the gift at a meet is a leo. Then they are all in the same leo at the next practice.

Our girls' first meet last year was a "pink meet" and all the girls wore the leo IN THE MEET. We could barely find our team, let alone our kids. Now, Thursday evening practices are "pink leo" nights. Good think there aren't that many girls in DD's group. I know them all by sight, don't know the two newest names yet, but I haven't been at practice much. I know all the optional girls as well. I actually have a harder time finding DD when she wears a leo she doesn't wear very often!

Our girls' first meet last year was a "pink meet" and all the girls wore the leo IN THE MEET. We could barely find our team, let alone our kids. Now, Thursday evening practices are "pink leo" nights. Good think there aren't that many girls in DD's group. I know them all by sight, don't know the two newest names yet, but I haven't been at practice much. I know all the optional girls as well. I actually have a harder time finding DD when she wears a leo she doesn't wear very often!
We're doing a pink meet this year. Not looking forward to not knowing who is who. Also, we buy a pretty competition leo that they only wear a few times, now thee will were it one less time.

Just changed gyms June 1, so I know the names of 4 out of 10 girls right now. At the old gym I knew the whole team and the 6 girls in her training group really well. Well enough that I can tell you their favorite foods, what they won't eat, what book they are currently reading, their birthday, favorite stuffed animal, names of their pets, etc. I hope my daughter will become close with her new teammates.

Older son is one of only 3 optional level boys, so yeah, I know them - and younger son one of only a handful of L6/7 boys. I don't know all the Level 5/4 and recent move up boys.

For DD, I think I know all the L8-9s, (we have no 10s this year) but I don't know all the 6/7s and only a handful of the compulsories by name. I'd recognize lots of them (there are about 60 girls on team). When they are in street clothes I can never remember if I know the kids from gym or from my job (peds) so I just smile and nod!

I do miss her old gym where there were only about 10 optionals and they could all hang out together - no "mean girl" stuff and parents had to get along....

I knew all of the girls on her team last year and I am working on learning all of the girls on the new team. There were about 12 last year and I think about 15 on bronze this year. I know the girls that are my daughter's age very well. There are 4 of them that are 7 and the youngest girls on team.

No, she just started artistic gymnastics and I haven't had much time to watch and get to know the girls. Hopefully I will get to know them when I'm off and able to watch occasionally over the summer.

I know all of the girls at her level, and most of them a level up (since my dd repeated a level). I only know a few in the higher levels, and hardly any in the training/pre-team levels..

I know all of the girls at DD'S level. In addition, I know the optionals and xcel, some only by sight, but most by name. I also know most of the L3 girls. I do not know the preteam girls. There are approximately 60 girls on team and preteam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back