Parents First Level 7 meet & new Leos!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Megley ~ She's missing the FHS-FT on floor, and is iffy on the layout. She's doing her BHS-BT again. Not sure what she can do for a front tumbling pass without getting like a whole point deducted! Beam she just doesn't have the BHS yet. Everything else is okay. So, I'm thinking maybe she'll just scratch floor. Who knows? I kind of agree with what Crystalflipz said, I should just leave it up to her and her coach.

Yes, I think Crystalflipz gave you awesome advice. She definitely should discuss it with her coach and see what he/she thinks would be best. Again, good luck and hugs to Olivia!

Gosh that is really tough and a tough decision to make considering it is her first optional routine. I am very impressed that her coaches sat down and kind of gave a heads up and let you and Olivia have the option of competing level 6. I am pretty sure at my daughters gym it would be decided that the night before the meet that she would have to scratch an event which I think is a worse case scenario not having another other option and telling them the night before a meet.(luckily it has not happened since she was in level 4 but my daughter has cryed herself to sleep the night before a meet). I agree with the others let Olivia decide what she is more comfortable with either way she gets to compete and just hope for the best. I really think what ever she chooses to do a watered down 7 or scratcing or level 6 again as long as she is comfortable with that decision is the best option.

Pretty Leo and Warmup!! good luck to her on her upcoming meet. I think they all get fear issues every once in a while. She will work through it and no time be telling you ... ahhh mom that's easy! :) Is she back to normal practice since the injury? May be she can skip the first one if she isn't ready. We have had girls skip a couple and just do 1 to qualify and then do awesome at state. Good luck to her this season!!! Sending all the fairies your way!!!

Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom and advise! I wasn't at her practice last night but one of the moms texted me this: "your daughter just did her ROBHS-BT in her routine!" Of course I miss it! But I was so proud of her and at that moment I thought, she'll be okay. I don't know why but I got this sense of relief. Not that one skill will make a huge difference but it's one step in the right direction! She also had the opportunity to work one-on-one with one of the coaches for an hour yesterday. She was really happy with how it went, did everything on beam and on floor except for her front tumbling pass. She has one more practice before the meet and I doubt she'll have it for Saturday. But that's okay! She told me last night she's going to go out there, do her routines the best she can and not even look at the scores! So, we'll see.

That's excellent news! With that kind of determination she will take pride in what she does. Best of everything to her ( and you)!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back