Off Topic Gymnastike Issues?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just like like we can ban a member, we do not ban their IP.

Gymnastike owns the rebroadcast rights to the 2014 NCAA championships. Therefore they do not want anyone else to show it on the internet, they want people to watch through a gold subscription on their website. $20+ a month thank you very much.

They report any youtube user who posts any, or all, parts of the championships and the users account is suspended or removed. Legally they have this right. BUt morally it is dubious.

Most people posting videos on youtube are not doing it to make money from hits, they are just doing it to share.

Does that include the gymnasts and their families? Can they not post videos of their own performances?

From what I can gather from other forums they can shut down any video from that meet. I hope that they would not, but it can happen. But I could not say for sure it has. Do not want to get into sticky territory, so must stay with what I know has been reported.

They own the rights to the meet now.

I do know for sure that youtubers, like Nastiafan, have been closed down for putting the meet up on their channel.

I was a Gold subscriber for quite awhile. I think it's $12 a month for yearly. And it was well wort bit for a long time too, although content was sporadic as they transitioned to Flocasts which now owns Gymnastike.

Still the content used to be amazing. Great technical content for coaches and very interesting. But then in the last couple months, they started changing content to just meet routines. That wasn't really what I wanted, although this NCAA situation is interesting because I didn't predict they would have exclusive rights. But still it's not REALLY the content I want. I loved the old content.

And their billing is very confusing. I got a new CC# after that Target thing. And when I logged in I got a notice on the screen that my card was expiring soon and I should update to ensure no break in service. Fine, I wanted to resubscribe. So I go to the link but get an error message. Every time. For months. So then I just gave up. Also, you have to cancel or you're automatically renewed. Which I guess wouldn't have worked since they didn't have a working card number anyway, but I didn't want any trouble. So I went to fill out the cancellation form, but I still had time left on my year THAT I ALREADY PAID FOR. So I assumed it would end my time at that date. But no, as soon as I submitted that form it just stopped my Gold subscription right then even though I had more time left.

So I'm not sure I will resubscribe. I tried to leave comments/feedback in two places to get an answer about the content and billing issues, but it doesn't seem to have worked. I am considering taking my business to Gymneo.tv, which is much more expensive but more of the content I'm looking for.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back