Parents Gyms in PA?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We recently moved to the Lehigh Valley area & are finding that there are really only three gyms in the area (many more if we drive to Philly/Jersey - but that seems excessive.) I have a couple of co-workers that send their daughters to Parkettes, but they all talk about it as if its a cult. The management there requires the teams by brand new everything every year (leos, warm ups, bags, travel outfits for developmentals & up!) to the tune of almost $2000 in clothes every year not to mention the other "fees"...the other gyms are much cheaper but then the other two gyms don't have the coaching reputation. However I'm really torn - I want a gym that focus on the sport not "fashion" just seems like $2000 could be spent better on coaching than clothing -- any suggestions? Someone said the Yurchenko vault creator used to be a coach at the one gym (lehigh valley acadamey?) but isnt there anymore and no one has any information on Girls Co-Op -- so if any one can help me out I'd appreciate it. We don't want to put our daughter somewhere that will bleed us dry or let her languish....thanks!:rolleyes:

I'm from near there. Parkettes is pretty hard core, from what I've heard. We have a family that drives over an hour to come to our gym because they didn't want the intensity of Parkettes. I've heard that they require homeschooling once you hit Level 7. Don't know if that is true or not, but that would not be an option for us.

If you want to pass me a note with more specifics of where you are, I might be able to suggest some other places.

Level 6 -

Hi again - my daughter is a solid level 6 - solid but not "pretty." She most likely will not progress to 7 next year, but loves the sport. We would hope level 7 might happen in 6th grade...she's in 4th right now. Hope that helps....

We recently moved to the Lehigh Valley area & are finding that there are really only three gyms in the area (many more if we drive to Philly/Jersey - but that seems excessive.) I have a couple of co-workers that send their daughters to Parkettes, but they all talk about it as if its a cult. The management there requires the teams by brand new everything every year (leos, warm ups, bags, travel outfits for developmentals & up!) to the tune of almost $2000 in clothes every year not to mention the other "fees"...the other gyms are much cheaper but then the other two gyms don't have the coaching reputation. However I'm really torn - I want a gym that focus on the sport not "fashion" just seems like $2000 could be spent better on coaching than clothing -- any suggestions? Someone said the Yurchenko vault creator used to be a coach at the one gym (lehigh valley acadamey?) but isnt there anymore and no one has any information on Girls Co-Op -- so if any one can help me out I'd appreciate it. We don't want to put our daughter somewhere that will bleed us dry or let her languish....thanks!:rolleyes:

Lehigh is still a good program. Natalia Yurchenko is now in Chicago coaching. And Parkettes is Parkettes. cult seems a bit strong but they also have a good program. check them all out for yourself and have your daughter practice at all of them. she'll know where she will be the most comfortable.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back