Coaches Handstand Roll to Forward Roll Connection (and others)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Alex Gold

Coach
Hey all!
In the "Handstand Roll to Forward Roll" connection, are they meant to stand up fully between them or just raise up to a crouch from the handstand roll and then roll out of that?

For the cartwheel into backwalkover, do they land on both feet in the cartwheel, then put feet together, then roll? Or just land on one leg in the cartwheel and swing the other leg straight into the backwalkover?

Finally, in the cartwheel to round off, I assume the land the cartwheel and then round-off in that new direction (not turning around)? Also, is it necessary (or allowed) to take a single step to get their correct round-off leg in front before doing that?

Thanks so much!

(Videos of any of these would be super helpful as well!)

So when I did cartwheel round off i had to land the cartwheel sideways and go right int9 the roundoof without a hurdle. This is good because while the gymnast may not have a powerful round off out of it right away, it builds leg strength when you work it so they learn to push more. then when they go to do a hurdle round off, it is very powerful and easy to build off of. Just encourage them to do proper rebounds with good shaping so no bad habits form

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back