Off Topic Healthy meals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I wanted this to be separate from my thread about pre meet meals, because this is something my mom wanted me to ask, lol. What are good, healthy, family friendly, dinner meals? we rotate a few, but they are getting boring. Please feel free to share meals, main courses, side dishes, etc. and if possible please link or explain recipes! Note in the things i state, these are individual things, we always have something like a salad, or roasted veggies On the side.

italian chicken, just season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning. So good in a chicken ceaser wrap for lunch or in a salad, or even over spagetti With butter!

butter chicken. Sort of like curry. We eat it with pita or nan/rice

Chicken tacos

spagetti with meat sauce

roasted veggies. Season with olive oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning. Roast until crisp. Put in a bowl with a small amount of balsamic glaze. Make sure it’s glaze not vinegar. Be careful as the flavor can get very over whelming.

as a snack, if I don’t have enough carbs, then I will dip either nan or pita in hummus or toast sourdough in a pan with butter.

We run into the same problem. Especially with everyone going all different directs. Some of our go to's are: Spaghetti, tortellini, taco salads, one pot pasta dishes, bbq and rice, vegetable soup, chicken and noodles, I do a lot of meal prep on Sunday and put dishes in the freezer so I can just pop them in the oven.

We use a lot of food blogs -

Skinny Taste
Sugar freemom.com
All Day I Dream About Food
Two Peas and their pod
Half baked harvest
Minimalist baker

I just scroll through and save what looks good.

We run into the same problem. Especially with everyone going all different directs. Some of our go to's are: Spaghetti, tortellini, taco salads, one pot pasta dishes, bbq and rice, vegetable soup, chicken and noodles, I do a lot of meal prep on Sunday and put dishes in the freezer so I can just pop them in the oven.
This covers a lot of what we eat as well, along with pasta and meat sauce mentioned above. We also like to eat salmon with rice and steamed or roasted veggies, it's very quick to make and the kids like it.

Here are some ideas off the top of my head! Prepare for a long list with bad grammar.

Rice dishes:
fried rice
coconut curry
red curry
broccoli chicken/steak
stir fry
sweet and sour meatballs
bbq meatballs

Noodle dishes:
swedish meatballs
spaghetti
manicotti
asian ginger chicken
alfredo

Wraps:
enchiladas
thai chicken wraps (w/ rotisserie chicken)
caesar wraps
sausage and black bean burritos
scramble burritos (eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, cheese)
quesadillas w/ rotisserie chicken, corn, beans, pepper

Salads:
taco salad
chicken salad (mayo, honey, grapes, costco chicken) on pita bread
cabbage salad with chicken, toasted sesame seeds

Soups:
broccoli cheddar
beef, potato, carrot stew
baked potato
chicken noodle
turkey noodle
ramen
lentil
split pea

Random:
tikka masala
french bread pizzas
beef stroganoff
chicken+loaded baked potato
sloppy joes
pasta salad+baked beans
hamburgers
turkey burgers
wienies and beans

Sorry, that's a lot but I hope you get some inspiration!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back