"Hi" and Hair

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi. I'm Ellie, 13 years old, and a level 5 gymnast in WA.
I've been wondering how to do my hair- it's about chin-length. In level 4, and the first level 5 meets I did a pony or pigtails, or later on, buns. That's apparently a deduction around here now, because ponytails are "distracting" to the judges. Whatever. :rolleyes:
Anyway, now it's too short to even go in a pony, so I don't have to do a bun, but I don't know what to do!
I've had one meet since, and I did three crown sections in the front in rubberbands, and one about half-way back on my head to hold those, and as much as I could in a (pretty sad) little stubby ponytail in back, with a scrunchie. With like 10 clips (no bobby pins) and mousse and a BUNCH of hairspray, (there was still a lot hanging down at the bottom, from one ear to the other) it looked really crazy.
How can I do a cute hairstyle that holds it all back, too?:confused:

You could do two buns on the back of your head. That might stay up better. That's interesting that they find ponytails a distraction!:rolleyes:

I think your best bet might be to do 'feed in' pony tails. They work quite well on short hair. You can use coloured/ sparkly bands to make it cute. Split your hair into half (like for bunches) (or 4 stripes if it is really short) make a pony tail with the front bit keeping it lying as flat as possible. Then make a pony tail with the next section down including the first tail (gell to keep neat) keep making more pony tails right down to the nape of your neck. Put the bands in closer together to keep it neater. It sort of looks like french plaits when it is finished. You should end up with a couple of tiny ponys at the back of your neck. If they are long enought you could put a scrunchy on those.

I cant find a picture at the moment - hope you can get what Im talking about. it is dead easy to do and really stays in. Good for keeping all those wisps under control. You usually dont need any clips with this.

sportyfam5-albums-just-pics-picture2565-a.jpg
I think your best bet might be to do 'feed in' pony tails. They work quite well on short hair. You can use coloured/ sparkly bands to make it cute. Split your hair into half (like for bunches) (or 4 stripes if it is really short) make a pony tail with the front bit keeping it lying as flat as possible. Then make a pony tail with the next section down including the first tail (gell to keep neat) keep making more pony tails right down to the nape of your neck. Put the bands in closer together to keep it neater. It sort of looks like french plaits when it is finished. You should end up with a couple of tiny ponys at the back of your neck. If they are long enought you could put a scrunchy on those.

I cant find a picture at the moment - hope you can get what Im talking about. it is dead easy to do and really stays in. Good for keeping all those wisps under control. You usually dont need any clips with this.

This is exactly what I would suggest. Here is a picture of how we have done our daughter's. You can use team colors, make just two rows, try 3-4 rows.
sportyfam5-albums-just-pics-picture2565-a.jpg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back