WAG How to soften new grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i think you should fact check what you think you know to be true. JBS, i think that this thread should be taken down.

the kids read here. bad batches of leather are common. you wet the grips overnight. you unwind them the next day at practice. the girl then does a double layout from the high bar. where the grip meets the wrist band has softened and the chemicals that they use to harden the grip bleed out. you can't see the weak link.

when the girl gets to the bottom of the swing, the wrist leather breaks away from the palm portion and blows out causing girl to peel at the bottom. something bad happened.

i speak of what i know to be true also.

Well then take it down Dunno, remove my post, you have my blessing.... But I have never seen a grip blow out after one day of use (not to mention I wouldn't have a child do double lays on the 2nd day of break in), not saying it hasn't ever happened, but most kids use water during each trip to the bucket, (we don't use water at all until level 9 and most of my 9's still don't , but that's a different topic). So it's not advisable to wet your grips the first night to shape them, but go ahead and wet them every day during workout? Not trying to be rude, but help me to understand this.

Thank you everyone for pitching in on my topic my grips are perfect now and in the end I just rolled them a billion times... Sorry this was such a topic of conviction :) have a nice day

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back