WAG HS routine composition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

superNova08

Coach
Gymnast
Does anyone know what the norm is in terms of skills for hs gymnastics? I'm in Illinois if that helps. Skills I currently have:
Floor
FHS
FHS step-out RO
Punch front step out RO
Punch front
Front pike
Working RO-BT with spot into pit off rod floor
Double pirouette
Single wolf
Split leap connection
Switch leap connection
Beam
Cartwheel
RO dmt
Full turn
Split jump
Flutter jump
Split leap
Wolf turn on low beam sometimes
Vault
Half-on
FHS
Half-on Half-off
Bars
Kip
Kip cast
Double back hip circle
Squat on
Tap Swings
Baby giants
Clearhip sometimes
Half turn dmt

Is this conducive to high school? I'm hoping to train before hs season but I don't know what more I'd need.

In NYS the expectation is a modified L9 for skills.

So theoretically if I could get a tsuk tuck or 1/1 could I compete vault?
Again I can only speak to NYS.

You can compete anything. Your scores will reflect what you compete and how well. Many girls do FHS vaults the score in the 7s. If my daughter Tsuks and lands it she beats the FHS girls. If she is not having a good vault day and does her FHS some of those girls beat her because she just doesn’t do them any mor.

There are girls who don’t even go to the high bar on bars. They score 4s.

Some girls barely do a HS and a jump on beam. Others do double wolf turns, BHS BHS or BHS BT on beam.

And there are girls scoring 9.5s because they are Tsuking or Yurchenkos, doing bar release moves with giants, 1 1/2 twist on floor etc…..

The skills really vary

Again I can only speak to NYS.

You can compete anything. Your scores will reflect what you compete and how well. Many girls do FHS vaults the score in the 7s. If my daughter Tsuks and lands it she beats the FHS girls. If she is not having a good vault day and does her FHS some of those girls beat her because she just doesn’t do them any mor.

There are girls who don’t even go to the high bar on bars. They score 4s.

Some girls barely do a HS and a jump on beam. Others do double wolf turns, BHS BHS or BHS BT on beam.

And there are girls scoring 9.5s because they are Tsuking or Yurchenkos, doing bar release moves with giants, 1 1/2 twist on floor etc…..

The skills really vary
Okay. So ideally I'd do well with a tsuk, clear hip, cast handstand, flyaway, some sort of an acro connection on beam, and back tumbling on floor it seems.

Does anyone know what the norm is in terms of skills for hs gymnastics? I'm in Illinois if that helps. Skills I currently have:
Floor
FHS
FHS step-out RO
Punch front step out RO
Punch front
Front pike
Working RO-BT with spot into pit off rod floor
Double pirouette
Single wolf
Split leap connection
Switch leap connection
Beam
Cartwheel
RO dmt
Full turn
Split jump
Flutter jump
Split leap
Wolf turn on low beam sometimes
Vault
Half-on
FHS
Half-on Half-off
Bars
Kip
Kip cast
Double back hip circle
Squat on
Tap Swings
Baby giants
Clearhip sometimes
Half turn dmt

Is this conducive to high school? I'm hoping to train before hs season but I don't know what more I'd need.
HS is supposed to be modified level 9 rules . But, modified is VERY broad . Many Xcel levels and lower level optionals do just fine on HS teams. Keep in mind that all HS coaches do have their own set of standards . Probably a groin idea to check the social media or levels of girls current competing for your HS

HS is supposed to be modified level 9 rules . But, modified is VERY broad . Many Xcel levels and lower level optionals do just fine on HS teams. Keep in mind that all HS coaches do have their own set of standards . Probably a groin idea to check the social media or levels of girls current competing for your HS
I was supposed to be competing platinum this coming season.
Our hs team is very small, it's a combination of 4 schools and even then barely a team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back