WAG L4 bars - half-turn dismount - R x L?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have no idea which way my daughter twists. Will be interesting because she cartwheels lefty, BWO's righty. Hmmm. I'm going to have to watch the next time I'm in the gym and see if they all do it the same way.

The tap half-turn dismount you're talking about is an early drill for giant swing to blind changes on bars. In level 4 it honestly doesn't matter which hand a gymnast takes off.

Many think that for a blind change a righty gymnast should take off their right hand, so that when they want to blind-full they half pirouette the same direction they learned a half pirouette for level 8. However, I am a righty gymnast and take off my left hand and I did all the way back in old level 5 as well. I just learned a half pirouette both ways (though going one way is definitely better than the other).

So to answer your question, it doesn't matter as long has your daughter remembers which way she turns and always practices it that way so she gets in the training to do it that way.

I always turned to the left, evem though I'm a righty. If your daughter flings off the bar from turning a little bit, that would mean her grip strength is horrible which I doubt if she's doing level 4. I don't see why it would be a problem, as long as she does it correctly.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back