Coach
Beam
Gabby and Aly

Floor
Aly and Jordyn

High Bar
John Horton and Danell

P Bars

I'm really hoping for an individual medal for the US gymnasts (espically Aly).
Once again I will be checking for results online late in the day.

Good Luck to all and No Falls Please!

Gutted for Gabby's fall! :( And komova- not a great way to end your olympics. So happy that Aly's appeal was accepted and she got bronze- well deserved to Aly, such a lovely personality too :)

I was watching until the end and had to take my son to camp. I came back just in time to see Aly with a medal around her neck! These Olympics are almost as screwy as they were in Sydney.

Interesting it came down to a tie for third for Aly AGAIN! At least this time the tiebreaker worked out in her favor.

So proud of Aly! She went out and gave it her all!!
A Bronze and Gold, all in one day! Such a successful olympics for this girl!

What a crazy ride it's been. I feel so badly for the way everything turned out for Jordyn. She got the team gold and was a huge reason we won it, but individual sure is nice. I can't help but think back to one of my very favorites, Kim Zmeskal. I think these girls have so much pressure on them going into the games that it makes them just crack. It's a whole lot easier sometimes to be the underdog.

One thing this Olympics really hit home for me is that even the most talented, or hardest working gymnasts can have bad days, lose their concentration, be too exhausted mentally/physically to perform well.

I was not expecting the Jordyn AA miss and even on floor...

I was not execting Gabby to have nothing left for the event finals...

I love these girls, and am so proud of them. They are an inspiration for their hard work, good sportsmanship and lovely demeanor. I guess the ups and downs for them simply mirror life and show us how to stand tall no matter what.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back