Leotard Sizing?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

<3GymGirl<3

Gymnast
What do you think is the most important measurement for leotards; waist, hip, chest, or torso?
Are there certain leo companies where you always have to rember (ex. the length is usually to short, the hips are to wide, ect.) when buying a leotard?
Which companies do you prefer?
Have you ever looked at a sizing chart and had each measurement at a different size? And if yes what did you do? :confused:

I was the mom who helped measure for my DD's HS team leos. Usually your measurments may be in 2 sizes. When we ordered the sizes we looked to see how many measurements were in each size, How close to the next size the measurements were, and what size the bust and girth (measurments from the shoulder down through the crotch and back up to the shoulder). We ended up if they had 3 of the 5 measurements in one size and it wasn't on the edge of the next measurement we went with that. The girth measurment was to see if we needed a "long" size. We let the girls (and their parents) have the final say on the size that got ordered out of 30 girls only 3 asked for a size smaller than what they measured and it was those same 3 that had to re-order the next size up.

Leos stretch so it is ok if some measurements are "off" a little. The best thing is at meets see if you can try on a few leos from the vendors that are there. Usually there are a few companies with leos. Or at your gym if they have a Pro shop try them on there to get a feel for which size fits best. Usuallyl if you are for example an adult small in one company you will also be that size in others, but there are one or two that will run a little bigger or a little smaller.

The velvet leos have more stretch then the other fabrics (those super shiny ones)

as for brands most folks got with GK or Alpha Factor for their comp leos.

For the practice leos my DD likes GK, Alpha Factor, and SnowFlake.
Snow flake tends to have a higher cut in the leg holes which fits really good on my dd and we found they run just a bit roomer but DD likes that too.

She got one motionwear leo that she wore once and never again because it kept getting a wedgie every time she did anything in it so it was worn once and now lived on a hanger in her closet because she likes the design still.

The first leo I ever ordered was from K-Bee. It's the right size (AL) but I personally don't like how their leos fit on me. Second leo was from Motionwear (size AM) and it's my favorite leo! It fits me perfectly...I also have several dance leos from them and those fit me really well too. Third leo I bought was from GK (size AL) and it fits okay overall, but not as well as Motionwear. Fourth leo was from Melody leotards. I ordered an AXL because I thought their leos were going to run small, but I definitely should have ordered an AL. So far I think I'm going to be sticking with Motionwear :]

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back