Coaches Level 3 vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sydflips

Coach
Gymnast
Hi there!
I currently have a level 2 who is trying to switch over to competitive level 3, but she is so tiny that vault has been a struggle. She is having to learn how to use a spring board instead of a mini trampoline and I was wondering what is the lowest amount of spring configuration that she can use? On AAI's website they say 6 is the softest but right now I'm having her vault with 4 springs and she still can't get the spring board to compress at all even with a good run and hurdle.

any advice would be much appreciated!

Hi there!
I currently have a level 2 who is trying to switch over to competitive level 3, but she is so tiny that vault has been a struggle. She is having to learn how to use a spring board instead of a mini trampoline and I was wondering what is the lowest amount of spring configuration that she can use? On AAI's website they say 6 is the softest but right now I'm having her vault with 4 springs and she still can't get the spring board to compress at all even with a good run and hurdle.

any advice would be much appreciated!
There is no minimum about of springs that can be used. You can use just 2 or 3 springs if needed, Level 2s and 3s frequently do this. Also to help with lunch I advise working on hurdles at home (step-arm circle backward-land on two feet-jump and brings arms up). Focus on her height in the drills and her fast sprints and hopefully that’ll help with power.

There is no minimum about of springs that can be used. You can use just 2 or 3 springs if needed, Level 2s and 3s frequently do this. Also to help with lunch I advise working on hurdles at home (step-arm circle backward-land on two feet-jump and brings arms up). Focus on her height in the drills and her fast sprints and hopefully that’ll help with power.
Thank you so much!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back