WAG Level 5 vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2gymmies

Coach
Proud Parent
Have any of you ever seen anyone vault on 95 cm in a meet? My little dd has a great vault on 95, but not as good of vault on 100 - just wondering if it happens... I explained to her that it is only 2 inches, but it does affect her a little bit mentally and physically. Any thoughts...

It's kinda like wearing shoes. If you try on a new pair, especially a different style or size, it's going to feel weird. She'll work up to the higher table setting when she's ready to wear that size.

Thanks! Her coaches are being awesome about it and constantly applauding how awesome her vault is - they say pound for pound, inch for inch she has one of the best vault on the team. I'd like to see most kids vault over a table that looks them in the eye and that they can lay flat on top of and just barely dangle their feet off. Sometimes I think it is the depth as much as the height that makes it hard. I just hope they (meaning the judges) will let her compete on 95...

I don't know what the rules are, but back when my dd was L5, she was told she had to vault on 100 at meets. I recall this so well because she could vault fine at 95, but had a hard time at 100. I know it is only a couple of inches but it made a big difference. Hopefully she can vault at 95.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back