Level 7 Bar Routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

B Gymnast

I've been working on giants for a really long time now, but I don't have them on double bars yet and my first meet is in 2 weeks! So my coach is having me do long hang kip, cast to horizontal, free hip to about horizontal, long hang kip, cast to about 3/4, flyaway. Can someone tell me what my routine would start from if on my beginning I did kip, cast to handstand, free hip to about 3/4, drop kip, squat on. Just like an approximate SV?? Thanks a bunch :D

As long as both clear hips are above horizontal and at least one of your casts is to handstand, your routine starts from a 10.

Wait, where is the 2nd clear hip? If you only have 1 clear hip, I belive your start value is a 9.5, but I'm not sure. If you do the 2nd routine (and continue after the squat on with the 1st routine?) then it would be a 10.0 start value. Good luck?

Wait, where is the 2nd clear hip? If you only have 1 clear hip, I belive your start value is a 9.5, but I'm not sure. If you do the 2nd routine (and continue after the squat on with the 1st routine?) then it would be a 10.0 start value. Good luck?

lol sorry, it's all one routine :) i would do kip, cast hs, free hip, drop kip squat on, jump to hb, long hang kip, horizontal cast, free hip, long hang kip, cast flyaway.. sorry for the confusion!!!

Oh, that makes much more sense :) Yes, that should give you a 10.0 start value. Oh, and I meant to have an "!" after the Good luck part, not a "?", so anyway... Good luck!!!

For SV, you must have 2 circles from 2 different groups (but can be the same skill) and 45% casts from horizontal/vertical. Refer to the following score sheet:
http://www.usa-gymnastics.org/PDFs/Women/Rules/J.O. Code of Points/lev7_8scorsheetsappndx9-2009.pdf

However...

Based on a series of similar questions and answers posted here from last season (some from judges), deduction starts when ANY cast is outside of 10% vertical (I think 45% is close to no value) and ANY clear hip is below horizontal.

I think the above post is correct. If you don't exceed horizontal on your clear hip, I don't think you'll get credit for a B and your start value will be 9.5. From what I've seen, level 7 routines are not going to score well unless every cast is to handstand. I think you should expect your scores to be in the 7s until you get the giants in there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back