WAG level 8 gymnastics requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello! I'm trying to figure out the requirements for level 8, and it is a little challenging to find straight answers in the COP so I was hoping I could get some here.
For floor, is it possible to put together a routine with a 10 SV and no composition deductions without a back full? Front twisting is ok. If so what are some possible routines?
For beam, is it possible for a cartwheel swing through roundoff to replace the usual back walkover back handspring, given other requirements are met?
Thanks!

Hello! I'm trying to figure out the requirements for level 8, and it is a little challenging to find straight answers in the COP so I was hoping I could get some here.
For floor, is it possible to put together a routine with a 10 SV and no composition deductions without a back full? Front twisting is ok. If so what are some possible routines?
For beam, is it possible for a cartwheel swing through roundoff to replace the usual back walkover back handspring, given other requirements are met?
Thanks!
Beam is a yes, still has a connected series w/ a flight. The floor front layout fulls should be okay since 1 C acro skill is allowed. To have a 10 you can either have a 3 pass routine w/ a B in each pass, or B, B and A+A direct connection. For this I would recommend a front tuck + front tuck, a front layout and a front pike. If you’re looking to do a 2 pass routine she’s need a B+B then second pass at least B+A. This could be front pike+front pike and a front layout+front tuck. The front full can be used in one of those passes is wanted but it’s not necessary.

Level 8 gymnasts must perform a minimum of a front handspring vault.

LEVEL 8 BARS REQUIREMENTS
Level 8 gymnasts must have the following in their bar routine:

• Minimum of 1 Bar Change
  • 1 Skill (minimum of “B”) with flight (the mount is ok) or turn (cannot be the mount or dismount)
  • 1 Skill (minimum of “B”) which is from one of the following groups of elements: underswings, clear hip circles, stalder circles, circle swings or hechts
  • A Salto dismount which is a minimum of “A” value
LEVEL 8 BEAM REQUIREMENTS
Level 8 gymnasts must have the following in their beam routine:

• Minimum of 1/1 (360 degree) turn on one foot
  • Acro series with 2 skills, one must have flight (Both of the skills must start and finish on the beam)
  • One jump/leap that reaches a 180 degree angle split (can be included in dance series)
  • Aerial or Salto Dismount (minimum of “A” value)
  • Level 8 gymnasts must have the following in their floor routine:
    FLOOR
    • One Acro Series with 2 saltos or 2 directly connected saltos (the saltos can be the same or different)- An example would be front tuck- roundoff– back handspring– back tuck
    • Three different saltos (can be isolated or in a series)
    • A dance passage with a minimum of two different leaps, jumps or hops, one of which is a leap with a 180 degree cross or side split — they can be directly or indirectly connected
    • The last isolated salto or last salto connection must have at least an “A” valued salto element (A front or back tuck is an “A” valued salto)

Last edited by a moderator:

For a level 8 floor routine to have zero deductions you need the following
3 pass routine
- B,B,B
OR
-B,B,A+A

2 pass routine
- B+B, B+A

Some B tumbling skills on floor are front pike and front layout. Could also do a front full (C) which counts as a B at level 8.

Yes, however both series have a composition deduction of .15-.2 depending on what other acro skills are included. You need a B+B series, and additional B and A acro for no deductions.

Yes, however both series have a composition deduction of .15-.2 depending on what other acro skills are included. You need a B+B series, and additional B and A acro for no deductions.
I think the answer is probably no, but are there any B+B beam acro series that do not include a back handspring? I was thinking Ariel-swing through, round off, but d's are not allowed (I'm pretty sure).

Front handspring step out + round off would work I think? I’m not 100% sure a FHS is a B, but I think it is.

You’re correct an aerial is a D so wouldn’t be allowed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back