Lost fire, drive and passion --- How do you know when its time to quit?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm level 7 and 16 years old and I've been having alot of trouble at the gym lately, when i started training with this new group I'm in in July I was so excited and I worked so hard, I just went into the ym everyday and worked on skills and I loved it, I was proud of myself and my coaches were proud of me, they often said I was the hardest working kid in the gym, and this continued for most of the season until aout march. I had some pretty bad falls on my head durin the season doing back handsprings and I was so afraid of them but I was able to get over the fear enough to do it in competition but starting in march after competition season was basically over I was sooo afraid again and I was frustrated and my coaches are, then I wouldnt go over on vault, and i would be scared to do my bckhandsprins on beam sometimes. I just get this feeling that I'm not going to do the skill before I even go, and I just feel like my body doesnt know how do do the skills anymore.

I still like going to the gym, I'm sitting here right now excited for tommorow to go to practice but I know when I get there I don't work as hard as I used to at the beginning of the season and I honestly dont know why, If its fear or just not wanting to ?

My coaches say I've lost the fire and drive to work hard, and the passion for gymnastics

So i've been thinking about quitting next year, and i really want to but at the same time i don't because I know I'll regret it and I just don't want to give up gymnastics after only 3 years of it.

So my question is how do you know when its time to quit? Should I quit? How to I get that fire, drive and passion back that I had at the beginning of the year and all through my short gymnastics career of 3 years back?

If you're still feeling excited to go to practice, it doesn't sound like you've really lost it, I think this more about your fear issues.

Maybe ive been sleeping typing on a different acount than my own because everything you said is exactly what ive been thinking and feeling about gym. Gymnastics has been confusing for me this season, i do well at meets and am now a senior in AGA which means that for the rest of my gymnastics career i will try to compete agaisnt gymnasts that would be a USAG Lv. 9 or 10, but ill go back to practice the next day and stand on the beam terrified to do my dismount because i just cant feel it. I understand what you are going through, and am just as confused.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back