Parents Meet Report 12/19/2010

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi Everyone,

I never did post an update for DD's meet due to a crazy work schedule.

This was her first real level 5 meet with the new gym.

She improved on all 4 events.

She still continues to "walk" across the vault table, but her run and punch are continuing to improve along with her confidence.

Bars - I "think" she is still missing the connection from kip to FHS (seems like she's pausing just a little to long for it to count as a connection. Everything else is definitely connected though. She has almost straight arms on both her kips which is a huge improvement. Her casts are still too low on both low and high bars, but they are improving. Tap swings are better and her dismount looked beautiful.

My sister who has been to two of her meets at the old gym said it used to be painful to watch her meets because she looked so tense. She noticed a much happier and confident gymnast at this meet. She really looked great out there.

Beam was beautiful. Still won't leap or jump high due to fear. HUGE balance check on her CW (maybe counted as fall?). A few bobbles, but beautiful lines and a really nice routine.

Floor was very nice, she had the slightest bend in her knees on her FHS, some slightly bent knees on BHS-BHS; but again continuing to improve. Something we didn't see at all last year.

She was very happy with herself. Placed on beam and was very very happy. Thrilled that her favorite Aunt was there and proud of the show she gave her and her cousins.

Scores:

Vault - 7.0
Bars - 7.8
Beam - 8.8 (I think the HUGE balance check on CW was 5/10 deduction)
Floor - 8.9

Scores are a little low, but HUGE improvement over last year and she is continuing to work through the mental damage caused by the elite gym we ran from.

Thanks everyone for your support.

I remember your story from before and I'm so happy that your DD is happy. DD has her first meet next week and I would be so thrilled with those scores!

So glad things are coming together for her and she is happy! Usually they don't take .5 for a big balance check unless they think she touched the beam. If you put her video up, can give you a better idea. I know they fight so hard to stay on, but once in awhile its sometimes better to fall.

Hope she keeps having a good time in 2011!!!

BTW--My gymmie had a similar experience with her 1st gym. Name gym with abusive coaches. Its taken a long time for her to put it all behind her.

Glad she is happy and I am sure her scores will improve. My daughter did not score great in her 1st couple level6 meets and I was told you have to be patient which is sometimes tough. The most important thing is she is happy I have seen girls in this sport with high scores who are unhappy and end up quitting. I am glad she found a gym where she can relax and have fun with the sport.

It sounds like she did great, and if she is happy, then that is the most important thing! Congratulations!

What a terrific meet for her! It sounds like she is much happier and that is the most important thing. :) Congratulations!

Congrats to your daughter on a great meet! Those are fantastic scores!

Thanks for positive remarks everyone. Haven't gotten around to transferring the video yet, working tooooo much lately. It is wonderful to see her happy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back