Gymnasts Muscle soreness

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What do you guys do when you're really sore? Additionally, do you still do everything at practice?

Also, dunno why but every time we do any leg conditioning, my legs are ALWAYS sore the next day. None of my teammates have this happen to them. Doesn't happen with my arms or core though, thankfully. Anyone know the reason?

Make sure you're drinking enough water. Electrolytes can also help - my favorite brand is LMNT, but in a pinch, bananas can help too (potassium). Tart cherry juice is also great for recovery. Take time to cool down from your workout. Use a foam roller. Get enough sleep.

As Coach Kate said, electrolytes. I personally would recommend LIquid IV. The other thing is make sure you're stretching. Do everything at practice as your body allows. Meaning, know the difference between sore and pain. Push through being sore but stop at pain.

Make sure you're drinking enough water. Electrolytes can also help - my favorite brand is LMNT, but in a pinch, bananas can help too (potassium). Tart cherry juice is also great for recovery. Take time to cool down from your workout.
Use a foam roller. Get enough sleep.
Thanks for the advice!
Take time to cool down from your workout.
Sometimes, I feel like its because we do conditioning before events. So after already working out those muscles, we use the same muscles again in events and we don't have a cooldown at the end.
When you coach(ed?), did you do conditioning after or before events? (Just curious)

As Coach Kate said, electrolytes. I personally would recommend LIquid IV. The other thing is make sure you're stretching.
Thank you! I think I will check those electrolytes out and increase my water intake (I barely drink water all day, all my water intake comes from the time at practice)
Do everything at practice as your body allows. Meaning, know the difference between sore and pain. Push through being sore but stop at pain.
Hmm. I just feel like I'll injure myself on something like tumbling if my legs are so sore that I can barely walk.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back