New scoring system

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, I was just wondering what the new scoring system is. Like what is a 14.5? I mean is it good is it like a 9.5?? How do they get the scores like divide by this number and this deduction or something? This question has been bugging me forever!!

it's really quite simple. and nothing has really changed.

you still have the "artistic score". 10.0 is still the highest score for beautiful gymnastics. we will call it a 9.0 for this discussion.

then you have the 2nd score which we'll call the difficulty score. like diving and trampoline. all the skills have a numerical value. so after they add up your difficulty, or what you hear them refer to it as a "start value", let's say you end up with a 5.5 in difficulty.

so you add 9.0 & 5.5 and your total becomes a 14.5.

now, hopefully no one will come along and complicate this. the young kids need to understand that the "artistic" score is still the most important.

sorry dunno if this is what you mean by complicating it, but how is the difficulty score worked out. I get that skills are rated A-G an that a=.1, g=.7, plus there is like 2.5 in compositional requirements. But what are the finer details?

The code of points has all the finer details. It is a massive document pages long and very complicated. You can download it on the internet if you are a braver person than me and try and understand it. LOL. But really l would let your coaches worry about compositional requirements.

If you think about your routine still being marked out of 10 and the D score as bonus points for the skills you do . Not sure how old you are but most children seem to work with that idea quite well. So you do your routine the most perfect you can and let your coach decide the skills.

OK that's kinda confusing to me about they a and g=.1 and stuff but thanks so much for answering everyone answering. I really appreaciate it!! :)

The code of points has all the finer details. It is a massive document pages long and very complicated. You can download it on the internet if you are a braver person than me and try and understand it. LOL. But really l would let your coaches worry about compositional requirements.

If you think about your routine still being marked out of 10 and the D score as bonus points for the skills you do . Not sure how old you are but most children seem to work with that idea quite well. So you do your routine the most perfect you can and let your coach decide the skills.

very good gymnut. nice and simple!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back