OGC Camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

lakeplacid

Hello. My daughter has asked about going to the OGC Camp this summer, run by Svetlana Boguinskaya (sp.?). Does anyone know about this camp? Is it worthwhile? Is it an intensive training camp or more of a fun camp? My daughter is an optional level gymnast, and I am support her desire to attend camp but want to find one that is a good "fit" for her. Thank you

It is a fabulous intensive training camp. The girls work skills all day. Svetlana is totally hands on and accessible throughout the entire camp. The girls are on a first name basis with her. My dd is a level 8 /9 and is going back for her fourth time this summer.

Now, there could be differences at the different locations- the one we attend is in a well equipped gym. About 80 girls have attended each year, most are in the lower levels. DD has been in a group of about 8 girls for each of the last three years, training levels 7-10, that breaks into 2 groups of higher/lower level for some skills. We had a level 10 gymnast last year who travelled to two different states to attend the camp twice because she liked it so much. There is a big emphasis on getting skills, and at the lower levels girls ring the bell each time they get a skill and show it to the gym. The girl with the most new skills at the end of the week wins a leo.

My DD went to the camp a few years ago and it was fabulous. She was training giants at level 5. Just be aware that it is not a residence camp and if it is not in your city you will have to arrange for any travel and a place to stay. The girls went as a team and a few of the moms took care of all that. Svetlana was very hands on and my DD became her biggest fan.

Yes, svetlana does an amazing job. She brings in good coaches and the focus is gymnastics-bc its a non-residentail camp. They also do some fun stuff as well.

Thank you for the responses. This will be helpful in making our decision!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back