Parents OU Camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Anyone have a kiddo going to OU gymnastics camp this summer? Or, have a child who has gone in the past? Grandparents treated my dd to the the camp. We have no idea what to really expect.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using ChalkBucket mobile app

We live in Houston and were seriously considering that camp. My in-laws live pretty close to OU, so I could stay with them for the week. I asked the owner of our gym what he knew about it, and he said they run a good camp. In the end, we decided to send her to camp with our church this year, but we'll definitely keep OU in mind in future years.

We've been to Bart Conner's camp (3 day day camp) and were very pleased. No info on ou though!

My DD and her teammates went to OU camp last year and are going again this summer! She LOVED it! The coaches are wonderful, and she learned so much! It's an amazing facility and they have so much fun!

If you are seriously considering the camp, you will want to get your registration in ASAP. I saw that the all girls camp was full, but not sure if the second session (boys and girls) is closed.

I am glad to hear good things about the camp. My dd is going to the first session but is too young to sleepover which disappointed her a bit. She is excited at the prospect of five hours in the gym everyday and is pretty pumped about the swimming session. Grandparents are huge OU fans and already looking forward to cheering for their little grand-gymnast when she becomes a Sooner in 12 years. They are a mess!

I never thought about OU camp! My ILs live there and dd always wants to visit in the summer but it's getting harder to miss gym. Maybe I can talk grandma and grandpa into getting her a little 'present' so that she can visit and still train. I know it's full this year but maybe for 2014? Do you know when registration starts for the summer camps?

They usually start posting dates around January. They only had one "all girls" camp this year- I think that's one reason it filled so quickly.....that and OU is ranked #2 in the nation! (BOOMER SOONER!)

They just opened a third session due to popular demand! There may be openings.

When is the new session? I didn't see any dates on the website: it just says both sessions are closed...

June 16 to 20... according to my friend whose DD was on the wait list for session one. You might email/call for info.

Thanks! I will pass that onto some teammates that didn't get into the first session!

Did the teammates make it into the new session? My DD is very excited for Sunday to arrive! I am excited too!!!!

No, I don't think so. All of our girls are going to the first session. My DD and I are heading down early to help with the tornado clean up before camp starts. She's super excited to go to camp!

No, I don't think so. All of our girls are going to the first session. My DD and I are heading down early to help with the tornado clean up before camp starts. She's super excited to go to camp!

DD is attending the third session. We were on the wait list for either camp and receive info by email about the additional session. It is much smaller, only 56 campers compared to 200+ in the other sessions. DD is super excited. We want to pack items to have autographed by OU team gymnasts. Any suggestions?

DD is attending the third session. We were on the wait list for either camp and receive info by email about the additional session. It is much smaller, only 56 campers compared to 200+ in the other sessions. DD is super excited. We want to pack items to have autographed by OU team gymnasts. Any suggestions?

When my daughter went to the Bart Conner camp, she took her medals from nationals to be signed. Also had them sign her gym bag and t-shirt.

However, I don't know that they have a specific time set up to get the girls autographs. Last year, we went to an OU meet and afterwards got a poster signed.

Some gymnasts brought frame mats to be signed. There were posters available with each ou gymnast pictured - it was the same poster offered at ou meets.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back