WAG People who are good with leotards?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LucyTRA

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
I wasn't sure where to put this - here seemed like the most appropriate place!

I bought a team leo from the HC of my club (who orders them as a custom design from Milano) a couple of weeks ago, and I've worn it a few times. It has a few diamanté sand sparkly bits on it and some of them have already started falling off - a couple are hanging on but I can tell will fall off soon, and the stitching has started to come undone on one of the edges. I have literally worn it a handful of times and washed it according to instructions in cold water with no detergent etc etc but that doesn't seem to have helped!

Does anyone know how to reattach crystals to velour fabric? Should I take it up with Milano? Loads of the other girls have had theirs for years and they still look perfect.

if its disintegrating immediately I would ask Milano for a replacement - however your coach may have to do this *** they have the purchase contract with Milano.

The crystals are probably hot fix - I use gemtac glue with mine but the do fall off with regularity. Our girls have fun collecting crystals during training and have competitions to see who find the most.

Velour is particularly difficult to attach crystals to due to his structure.

I'm very experienced and not sure I would recommend someone who is NOT do this.... But all rhinestones I have seen on leos are hot fix /iron on and I just re-iron them. I have made tons of designs on my dds leos with stones and studs and it works well. Yes, even on velour! However, you have to be very careful not to burn the fabric and like I said, I'm very experienced and even I would have second thoughts about putting an iron to dds comp Leo... You could also try fabric glue but be very careful and make sure it's a kind that dries clear.
I would definitely say something to your coaches. If you are 100% sure that you washed it according to the directions there could be something wrong with yours. I'm not in any way suggesting that you messed it up but I have certainly seen some comp leos look completely different after a season depending on who they belong to. Some have obviously been washed gently and look great, some look as if they have been tossed in with the towels and are missing stones, colors dingy and metallic luster worn/washed away... All looked beautiful at the beginning of the season!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back