WAG platinum requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i want to do platinum next year but I'm not quite sure what the requirements are.
i heard it needs to have a flight dismount for beam dismounts, so is it ok if I do a branny? i don't have a backtuck off and my front tuck-off is inconsistent.
for floor what do I need? i probably need a flight skill I have a front pike and a round off two backhandspring so would I need a round off back tuck or back layout?
for bars do i need a kip on the highbar and a flyaway? if i don't have a flyway then what

thanks guys!

Ask your coaches. There are a lot of ways to meet the requirements but your gym may have certain other rules or preferences.

Here is an overview:
Vault
Xcel Platinum gymnasts are required to perform at least one vault from the Xcel Platinum vault chart. These vaults range in Start Value from 9.7 to 10.0, and they include non-salto vaults with and without twists, along with roundoff-entry vaults with either a repulsion or 1/2 twist off.

Bars
The current Xcel Platinum bars requirements are:

Skill finishing in a clear support above horizontal
360° circling skill
Kip
Dismount from the high bar
At Xcel Platinum, the gymnast must perform the following Value Parts:

6 A (0.10 each)
1 B (0.30)
If all of these Value Parts and Special Requirements are performed, an Xcel Platinum routine will start at 10.0.

Beam
The current Xcel Platinum beam requirements are:

Minimum 1/1 turn on one foot
1 Acro flight skill OR acro series x2 (at least one element must pass through inverted vertical)
Dance series x2, same or different AND a 120° leap or jump
Dismount

6 A (0.10 each)
1 B (0.30)
If all of these Value Parts and Special Requirements are performed, an Xcel Platinum routine will start at 10.0.

Floor
The current Xcel Platinum floor requirements are:

1st acro pass: Minimum 2 flight elements including “A” or “B” salto
2nd acro pass: 2 flight elements OR B salto
Dance passage (2 Group 1 elements) including 150° leap off 1 foot
Minimum 1/1 turn on 1 foot

6 A (0.10 each)
1 B (0.30)
If all of these Value Parts and Special Requirements are performed, an Xc
el Platinum routine will start at 10.

For beam, a barani dismount works (and can be super pretty if done well). For bars, you need 1 kip (but it doesn’t matter where) and you don’t need a flyaway.

on floor there’s more options.
Your first pass HAS to have two skills, and one must be a salto(flip). Because you don’t have a back tuck, I would work FT step outs, FHS FT, or FT FT. The second pass can either be a B salto (FP, FL, twisting pikes and layouts) OR a connected two skills (RO BHS, RO BHS BHS, FHS RO, etc.)

Thanks! I'm thinking of competing front handspring front tuck and front pike
That would work. Make sure your coach counts your As so you have enough skills. Assuming you do a leap and jump for your dance passage, and a turn, you would still need one more skill. We've had girls who only do these shorter tumbling passes like this add an extra jump to their dance passage (like sissone, chasse, leap, straddle jump for example) or use a cartwheel or handstand forward roll in choreography for this reason. One girl actually did an isolated split jump in her routine in order to have 6 As. Ideally, this is a skill you can execute without deductions.

That would work. Make sure your coach counts your As so you have enough skills. Assuming you do a leap and jump for your dance passage, and a turn, you would still need one more skill. We've had girls who only do these shorter tumbling passes like this add an extra jump to their dance passage (like sissone, chasse, leap, straddle jump for example) or use a cartwheel or handstand forward roll in choreography for this reason. One girl actually did an isolated split jump in her routine in order to have 6 As. Ideally, this is a skill you can execute without deductions.
I see..
If I compete ROBT instead of FP would that be enough A skills? (With leap+jump and turn)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back