MAG Rec boys team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Flipsrus

Coach
Proud Parent
Which is better for a brand new boys rec team: 4x4 or xcel? Pros and cons? Are there enough boys in the groups to make it worthwhile? Thanks!

Which is better for a brand new boys rec team: 4x4 or xcel? Pros and cons? Are there enough boys in the groups to make it worthwhile? Thanks!
I don't know what 4x4 is, but I've only seen xcel used at the platinum level around here, nothing below. I keep hoping it will grow, as any opportunity for growth in men's gymnastics is good, but I'm not seeing it YET. What region are you in?

Midwest. AAU has a 4x4 program (3 levels) where the routines are set but can use beam for pommel, low bar for beginners, etc. Xcel here is coed. Don't know if there is boys only xcel still out there? I like the idea of 4x4 but want the flexibility of xcel so boys could choose what they want to do.

Our gym uses the USAG club program. There are meets available locally and the equipment is standard MAG equipment, so it is easy to transition boys to regular MAG DP. I think that availability
Of equipment and local competition opportunities would be deciding factors.

Our gym uses the USAG club program. There are meets available locally and the equipment is standard MAG equipment, so it is easy to transition boys to regular MAG DP. I think that availability
Of equipment and local competition opportunities would be deciding factors.
The club program, that's what its called! Haha, couldn't think of the name. I would love to see that used more locally.

We are going on our 3rd year with a Club Track (Bronze through Platinum) Program and we love it! Our boys program exploded, going to 34 kids with minimal hour and financial commitment. Only 14 of those kids are USAG. We also allow for hopping between JN and CT which has really helped with retainment (kids wanting to do less/more in the gym). We are pumped for the future!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back