WAG Rose, Thorn and Bud

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mezzamare

Gold Membership
Well, compulsory season is in full swing where I live, and optionals are settling in for the upcoming season. How about a round of Rose, Thorn and Bud to share how things are going for you or your gymnast(s)?

Rose is a triumph or something that's made you/them happy; thorn is a challenge; bud is something hopeful or something you/they are looking forward to.

I'll start!

Rose: After months of grumbling and worry, my daughter finally has a consistent clear hip to handstand. She was over the moon when she was told she would be competing it on the high bar this season!

Thorn: She had a beautiful BHS-BHS beam series all set for this season, but after a mild ankle injury (and two weeks off of beam) she lost it. It's been something like six weeks and it's still bouncing around between low beam and laser beam. She's getting frustrated, but trying to stay positive. "Patience and persistence" is the mantra.

Bud: So much excitement around getting her own floor music and choreography. A special moment and a real reward for working so hard! :)

How are things going with you??

Oh my sons used to do this in scouts! Sounds like fun, so I'll give it a try.

Rose: After a mental block on bars towards the end of last season, my daughter feels like her bars are back on track and she's pretty consistent with her level 10 bar routine with a planned 10.0 start value again.

Thorn: This is her 3rd season as a level 10 and, due to injuries and struggles, she has yet to compete floor in level 10. It's still not a given this season as her double tuck is not consistent yet on the actual floor. I think it's partly mental in that her injuries were mostly with her ankle and knee and I think she's scared of hurting it again. But regardless, she really needs to compete all around this season and I'm not sure yet if it will happen.

Bud: She also had a mental block on her beam dismount and after trying different ones all summer, she is back to her original one and said she's feeling better about it. So far it's just been in to the pit, but she thinks she's closer to landing it. Fingers crossed!

I'll play! This is fun!

Rose: DD has taken off in bars and floor. She is conquering skills and form at rapid speed, and she is over the moon and shocks herself often. It is so fun to watch her excitement!

Thorn: she had a bad beam fall that killed her beam confidence. She has a never give up attitude and works relentlessly to beat whatever is beating her on beam, but it's been hard for her. She's been fearless her entire life, so fear is new to her and frustrates her.

Bud: she has a new found love for vault. She is very powerful and she's loving being able to apply that power to new vault challenges.

Rose: beam's going great! All skills set for season and doing upgrades (round off back tuck, BHS, switch leap)
Thorn: had FHS front tuck with a sting mat on floor but lost it and haven't done it again in a while
Bud: gaining/close to new skills on bars (cast handstand, strap bar giants)

Rose: I managed a half turn glide kip from front support on low bar once, which is progress.
Thorn: I bruised my rib sneezing rediculously much and aggressively from allergies, and the recovery is made worse cause I still have some sneezing and the stronger medicine makes me cough.. (and nauseous. I'm kind of putting off taking as I'm typing this.)
Bud: I kind of don't want to jinx anthing, lol. So instead let's just say: working on a gymnastics blog to put my thoughts down, I just need to figure how to make it a bit more anonymous before sharing.

Rose: LSS is committed to getting her clear hip before meet season starts.
Thorn: She lives in the country (with farm fields on all 4 sides), has environmental allergies and asthma, and it is harvest season. She has missed several practices because you have to be able to breathe to practice.
Bud: (not gym related) She is thinking about college and has a couple in mind that have her intended major. She wants me to go with her when she does at least the campus visit for her current top choice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back