Coaches Running A Compulsory Boys Team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tweez94

Coach
Our gym recently started a compulsory boys competitive team. I was simply looking for advice from any one and everyone on the best way to begin and successfully run a beginning boys team for the best results in any and every aspect. I know my way around the sport and the bells and whistles of everything, but simply running the program itself, how to shape practices and build discipline and good habits to get the program steady and consistently strong and hugely competitive in our area. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated Thank you very much for any input.

Rec. program (foundation/base): Have a good rec. program that focuses on convincing the Dad's that gymnastics will help their boy develop strength, speed and coordination for any sport. Dad's will buy in if you can teach their son to do a correct pull-up and push-up.

L4 (hook level): Anyone can do L4. Hook as many as possible with low hours and low cost meet schedule. Something like 2.5 hours 2x per week or 2 hours 3x per week. Make it a fun team. Be flexible with summer practices as many boys will play baseball...we offer mid-day practices to avoid baseball.

L5+ ("real deal" team): Real team program starts here. Look for commitment and talent from the L4 program. As long as they are "hooked" from the L4 program...you should be able to run more hours and more meets...this will cost them more $$$.

It is typically easier if the Boys Head Coach controls the entire boys program...including the rec. classes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back