WAG Sissone/split jump vs. sissone/tuck with 1/2 twist

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
So what which be better? On beam DD has some choices on the beam routine. She needs a b jump so we are trying sissone/split jump and the sissone/ tuck jump with a 1/2 twist. Both the split jump and tuck with a 1/2 twist are bs. Here is the DD thoughts. She hates the split jump and honestly it isn't always all that split :). She really likes the tuck with the twist and seems to be able to pull it off but it is by far the newer skill. So is there any advantage of doing one over the other? Routines in our gym are a collaboration of just about everyone :) but the HC gets the final say so it might be a moot point anyway but would like your opinions.

The split jump should be the easier one to do, but maybe she's the exception. Maybe I should rethink my definition of easier from what's technically easy to what a given child will buy into, because that makes a skill easier to do.

My DD does not have a great split jump on beam. So, she has always done some variation of a turning/twisting jump during optionals instead of the split. As a 7, she did 3/4 straight jump which is a B. As an 8, she is doing a tuck 3/4 which is a C. It hasn't taken her long to master these and there are slight variations that increase the difficulty. If your DD can master the tuck 1/2 then next season she might be able to get the tuck 3/4 for a little more difficulty.

Her split jump isn't always very split and she can already do the 1/2 tuck jump. We'll see what her HC thinks.

I thought they were required to have a jump/leap with a 180 split though? Is it just that they need a B jump and that a split is the most common one?

I thought they were required to have a jump/leap with a 180 split though? Is it just that they need a B jump and that a split is the most common one?
i think the Sissone covers the 180 split requirement.

You do have to either a split leap OR a split jump at 180 or some other leap/jump that is 180. She does a very nice 180 LEAP but that is only an A so she is short a B. So she is working both a split jump and the tuck with the 1/2 twist which are both Bs, The problem with the split jump is it is rarely at 180. Close but not quite.

i think the Sissone covers the 180 split requirement.
Her sissone doesn't go to 180. But her split jump does which is included. Not sure how to get it 180 unless you can some how get your back leg close you your head since it goes from a two foot jump with the back leg extending up and behind you then landing on one foot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back