State Gymnastics Competition tomorrow!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Well after many weeks of driving hours and hours away it all comes down to this, all our hard work, all the hours of training put in for this event. It seems kind of silly when you put it like that, but either way i have state tomorrow.

I am competing against around 50 people (about 4 times what i am used to)

Also! i did my first arial cartwheel ever and got it first try!

Wish me luck for state!

Gymgurl I wish you a successful states :) Enjoy your accomplishment of getting there and have fun! This is what you have worked all those hours in the gym for so go for it!!! (and as my DD's coach always says--don't forget to breath and smile :D)

well didn't go as well as i had hoped (placement wise) but it was a lot of fun. I had a generally bad day tho didn't fall but my form is not great so i had a lot of deductions there but i had fun! I was slightly annoyed by the fact that compared to my team mate my scores were really out of proportion on beam and floor as i had beat her in every comp except state (not that i am not happy that she did well) but i am dissappointed in myself but it was heaps of fun!! And i think i am staying in lvl 4 next year (thats what coach thinks because my form isn't great and she would prefer us compete at a lower level and place higher than compete at a high level and never place and i share the same attitude but hey maybe if i can get my kip i can compete lvl 5. anyway scores were: (out of 15

Vault: 13.30
Bars: 12.50
Beam: 12.50
Floor: 13.30

Overall (don't award overall placements though) 51.6 - my highest ever

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back