Parents Stretching

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

FlippinPrincess

Proud Parent
Does anyone’s gymnast use a stretching app to stay on track with stretching and to keep motivated? If so, which one do they like? My girl is super muscular but struggles with flexibility. She finds stretching boring and I was hoping an app would make it a little more “fun.” She’s also super busy like all gymnasts and often just forgets to fit it in. I think she might be more motivated by earning badges or something like that and it will help her stay organized and fit it into her schedule.

Does anyone’s gymnast use a stretching app to stay on track with stretching and to keep motivated? If so, which one do they like? My girl is super muscular but struggles with flexibility. She finds stretching boring and I was hoping an app would make it a little more “fun.” She’s also super busy like all gymnasts and often just forgets to fit it in. I think she might be more motivated by earning badges or something like that and it will help her stay organized and fit it into her schedule.
My now 8 year old is naturally strong and not naturally flexible. We needed to get her good leg split for level 3 so over the summer we tried lots of things. First we did a private with her coach to have her give her specific stretches, we went home took pictures and made a poster board so she could look at it and remember what she should do with what the goal was. That got her most of the way there but she was getting bored without variety so we tried several different online videos. We have settled on flexibilities she likes that its not just static stretching but lots of kicks and what not. The only way she gets through it is if my very inflexible self does them "modified" with her. It's sort of a win win as I get older stretching is probably good for me as well.

Your daughter is correct. Stretching is boring. Is she allowed to watch a television show while she stretches? I personally listen to pod casts or scroll through my phone when I'm stretching. It takes a lot of self discipline to "just" stretch without doing something else. Honestly, hanging out with your daughter while she stretches is probably the best way to keep her entertained (and on task) if TV is not an option.

Try Anna McNulty videos on YouTube. She has a huge variety and she's young and relatable. I'm 50 and I still use them because she doesn't talk much, has decent music, and she's crazy to watch (hyper flexible!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back