Summer Conditioning/Flexibility

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anybody have some conditioning and flexibility work that I can do at home, during the summer. My club takes most of the summer off, and I want to stay in shape. If you have some sort of plan that I could follow, with numbers of each exercise, it would be helpful. Try and suggest something that would not be too long, or that would require any equitment. I would like to have my splits down (all 3, i'm kind of close) by the end of summer so if you have any ideas that could help with that it would be helpful. Other than that I would like to stay strong.
Thank you in advance.

splits :
you can use your couch, phone books, text books, chairs around that house.
do over splits. you can do them while watching your favorite tv show, or whenever your bored.
do them with your front leg up, your back leg up (with up to your knee on the elevated surface)
you can also do the splits where you bend you back leg and put it against a wall/couch ect. and slide out you'll probably be higher up then usual, but its stretching different muscles, so dont stress. the more you do of them, the lower and better your splits get. :)

for middles :
face the wall with your legs in a straddle, and push your self in as far as you can. Or have someone push you and and hold it there for awhile.

conditioning :
pick 1-3 days for you to do cardio. go on a 20 minute run. when 20 minutes gets easier, change the intensity of it. sprint for 1 min. run/jog for 3 min. vary it up.

for stomach :
you can do what we call at my gym '10-9-8's' .
pick 4 stomach exercises .
do 10 of each.
repeat but do 9. keep repeating till 1.

ex of some exercises
v-ups
crunchies
hollow body rockers
straddle v-ups
side v-ups
at my gym we call them 'cherry-pickers'
you sit in a hollowed tuck and touch the floor with the opposite hand (does that make sense?)
bicycles
reverse sit ups (instead of your upper body going up and down, your legs go up and down . but they stay bent. )

get a timer (on your phone, ipod, computer, clock ect) and see how long you can hold a hollow. each time you do them aim to get that time, or higher.

exercises for arms :
-handstand holds against a wall (1 min.)
-presses from a stand. if you can't do them without a jump do them against a wall and/or put your feet up on the couch, chair, anything thats in the air and press from there, it should be easier .
-do 'handstand' holds against a wall again, but your not all the way in handstand. be at like 45 it'll hurt your sholders/arms more. hold for 45sec-1min.
-just hold your arms out to the sides. hold for 30sec-1min.
-hold them above your head (dont let your hands grab onto eachother) hold for 30sec-1min.

-all of this is 1
10 push ups
10 shoulder touches (in push up position, counting 1 arm)
10 mountian climbers (some people call them chase the rabbits..)
repeat but do 9. keep repeating till you get to 1.

exercises for legs :
toe raises (calf raises..) do 40 slow ones each way. feet reg., turned in, turned out.
lunges. 50 counting one leg.
wall sits hold for 1:30
frog jumps (squat jumps) you can either do them timed, or a number. prob a min. non stop would be good. or do 2 sets of 30.
if you have a desk/ couch / table ect. where you can fit your feet under (kinda snug? its gunna act as your "partner" for this )
put your feet under whatever it is, on your knees go forward to push up position (it would look like doing 'girl push ups') and come back up. you dont want to use your arms, you want to use your hamstrings. so you wanna go down and up kinda quickly.. you know your doing them right if after you do a set it kinda hurts to straighten your legs . so make sure you stretch them out.
do 1/2 sets of 15-20.

i know its a lot, you should spread it all out. like
mondays : cardio
tuesdays : stomach
wednesday :arms
thursday :legs
friday :cardio

you should probably do splits and stretch EVERY day especially if oyu want them down all the way.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back