Tumbling progression sketch

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've been a gymnast for over 35 years and I'm thinking of retiring. In the past two years I've had rotator surgery and a torn achilles. Sooo... I'm thinking about slowing down a bit and always told myself when I retire I'm going to get a tattoo on my forearm of a tumbling pass.
"Back in the day" there were books that had tumbling b&w progression sketches. I've been looking for one sketch in particular. The progression I'm looking for is a guy doing: RO, BH, Full (or Layout). I'm looking for the technique style sketch not the stick figures.

Does anyone know where I could buy a book with these sketches? I've searched all over the web and I can not find any. I've attached the type of sketch I'm looking for, this is the only one I've found.

Thanks in advance!

the gentleman that does these sketches that you are speaking of is jim stephenson. he and his wife are the coaches at university of minnesota.

you say you attached fascimile, but i don't see it. try it again. if it is jim's work, which i'm certain it is as he is a known gymnastics illustrator, i will send you along his private email for you to request them. good??:)

Thanks!

I'll try to attach the photo again. I've attached two of them. I like the more technical one which is probably by Jim Stephenson.
Let me know if they don't attach.

Attachments

• standing_back_handspring.jpg
    standing_back_handspring.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 965
  • doubleback-300x293.jpg
    doubleback-300x293.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 254
yes, that is Jim's work. here you go:steph018@

umn.edu

Last edited by a moderator:
I altered theemail address, split it in two. As spam bots are often surfing this site and they love to pick up emails addys to spam.

Yes it was the correct email address. THe reason I "fixed" it, as in broke it in two. Was to stop spam bots picking it up. They do it electronically and then will spam the poor man to death.

Can we see the tat when it's done? I love those drawings as well.

I understand about the spam bots, I'm glad you're careful. Yes, I'll post a photo of my tattoo when I get it done.
I might see if a friend can take one of my video'd tumbling passes and turn it into a sketch somehow. Probably a lot more work but it would be cool to have my own tumbling pass on my arm.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back