MAG Update on Back

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So, D has been on the lidocaine patch for about 3 weeks. He is finally starting to feel relief! He can stand up without pain, without the patch on. He can twist without pain. He can land without pain. Punching still hurts, but the muscles in his back have finally released and are not so tight. He is stretching and doign all his exercises. He still thinks he can get level 9 routines ready by state.....but we are encouraging him to just do a few events that are the least painful for this season. He goes back to the osteopath on Thursday so hoping for some good news.

That is very good news. Hope you can get him to take things slow so he fully heals.

So, D has been on the lidocaine patch for about 3 weeks. He is finally starting to feel relief! He can stand up without pain, without the patch on. He can twist without pain. He can land without pain. Punching still hurts, but the muscles in his back have finally released and are not so tight. He is stretching and doign all his exercises. He still thinks he can get level 9 routines ready by state.....but we are encouraging him to just do a few events that are the least painful for this season. He goes back to the osteopath on Thursday so hoping for some good news.

Are those some regular patches that you can buy over the counter, or were they by prescription?

Reactions: sce
How long is he supposed to wear the patches for? So glad to hear he's doing better! It's been a long road for you guys.

How long is he supposed to wear the patches for? So glad to hear he's doing better! It's been a long road for you guys.

She never really gave an ending date. We have a month's worth, but I can cut them in half so it is really 2 months. He goes back on Thursday so I am sure we will get more guidance then.

Reactions: sce
He had an appointment today. Now on Muscle relaxers...just at night, and only as needed. he took one tonight as he was quite sore from the adjustment. Next week, he starts his Rossiter therapy. I so hope this works :(

skschlag said:
She never really gave an ending date. We have a month's worth, but I can cut them in half so it is really 2 months. He goes back on Thursday so I am sure we will get more guidance then.
I always cut mine in half too ... and depending on pain location, even in thirds :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back