USAG Banned List

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

There was a thread started in the Parents Forum about this list, but Bog gave me permission to duplicate it here (not sure if there is a more formal way to do that) because the information is important to all involved with the sport- parents, coaches, and athletes.

The list is here:
:: USA Gymnastics :: Permanently Ineligible Members ::

But I would just like to offer a reminder that a name being on this list just means the individual is not allowed to register as a USAG member, basically this only prevents them from being on the floor at meets. Those on this list can, and in some circumstances do, find ways to stay involved with the sport as unregistered coaches or supporters within gyms. I know of at least one person on this list with involvement in a currently operating club. While I do not know the extent of that involvement, it's important to recognize that you can never be too careful in researching your/your child's gym and coaches.
Too many people are totally unaware of the above list, or of exactly what it means, so I think it's important to just get the word out. Ask questions, ask to see credentials, and even if all background info appears to be good- run at the first sight of any suspicious activity. I hate that there are sick people still out there working with children, but the more aware people are, the more that can be done to stop them.

I am grateful that such a list exist and is available to the public, i have experienced first hand what having one of these people in a gym does to its name, structure, and frankly, the gymnasts that attend. Coaches are like parents to a young gymnast and it sickens me that someone could be so gross as to take advantage of that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back