USAG card...where shall i stick it..lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Here I go with another question. Sorry. Okay, they are supposed to keep their cards on them at meets. (so the HC said). My question is..when do they actually LOOK at it to confirm she is a member? I ask this because Kadee is 5..lol. My dd is very mature and responsible for 5 but i do worry about it getting lost by accident (her getting in and out of her gym bag between events..which i KNOW she will be doing). Will it be okay if I just keep it on me and just show it when we check her in? I just dont want them coming around on the floor looking for them and she doesnt have hers. If this is the case where they do this what are suggestions for a SAFE place to keep it with her where the risk of her losing it isnt so high? My only thought at this time is one of those leather luggage tags with the plastic viewing window, and fasten it to an inside zipper or such to her bag? Does this sound okay? Any other suggestions? What do you all do with your kiddos USAG cards during the physcial meet? Thanks, again Im sorry Im always asking questions, Im still so new to all this. Her first meet is the 10th of December and I dont want to do anything to mess things up for her.

At all my meets they have never searched us for our cards.Normally when you get there you just check in,and if needed show them your card.I think the luggage tag would be a safe bet:]

I have never bothered with them because any meet director is going to check their status on USAG's website way before the meet happens.

We have only been to one meet ever (in three years of competing) where they asked for the cards and then we were advised ahead of time that we would need them. We made copies of them and gave them to the coach who took care of everything. Usually, you just show up and your gymnast checks in. Her name will be on the list already and they will write her number on her hand. I keep my dd's card in my wallet in case it should ever be needed.

I took my daughter's to Staples where they laminated it and made it into a luggage tag that i attached to her gym bag...cost about 5 bucks.

Okay everything..THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!!! I think what I will do is just make a copy, and give it to her HC (if she wants one). And just hold on to the hard copy of it myself until she is a bit older..lol. Then when the time comes, I will do the luggage tag thing.

My son was six when he started competing and I just put it in a small zipper pocket of his bag. That was the only thing I put in that pocket so that he wouldn't accidentally knock it out. I don't remember anyone ever actually looking at it though.

Out of 7 seasons of competition, this is the third season in which I have not even seen the actual card. As a meet coordinator, I check everyone before the meet, and if there are any changes or questions, I check online at the meet. It's never been a problem to confirm online, even at the last minute!

I have literally been doing gymnastics for like...ever...and no one has ever asked to see athlete cards at any meet I've been to. That's not to say they generally shouldn't have it just in case, but I wouldn't stress too much over it.

Thank you all so much. I know I ask silly questions, and I often OVER think things. But this is all new to me. Im sure as time goes on I will be seasoned like the rest of you, and be able to kick back and just roll with the punches. Im just so worried that something I do/or dont do will some how effect her. And I want to avoid that at all expense. There is no rath like that of a red headed 5 yr old...lol

i think there would be more wrath if you didn't feed her before a meet or something like that. don't worry about the card. and they get new one's every year anyway.:)

Arkansas mom here and we have never had to show ours. I have had 2 girls compete for several years. At one meet 2 years ago, they had a name mix up with a little girl at our gym--we have 2 girls with the same first name and last name initial is the same. One of the moms had to pull hers out to show at the meet. I keep mine in my purse just in case we need it. I hope you have a great season! We start next weekend in Hot Springs.

OMG KatherineGrace..We will be there. We are the host gym. This is dd very first comp. So is all so nerve wracking for me..at this point she is carefree and fancy free about the whole thing. Hope she stays that way..lol. What levels are you dds? I sure do hope to see you when you are here. Kadees session is friday night. But I work the hospitality room sat afternoon.

AB will compete sat afternoon. She is an 8 yr old level 4. KJ no longer competes, she is too busy with basketball, volleyball, and softball. Maybe we can meet up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back