Anon USAIGC to Xcel

• Thread starter Anonymous (6f79)
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (6f79)

My gym was considering moving girls from igc to xcel next season. I was wondering what skills girls on xcel platinum and xcel diamond competed. I was also wondering if most of the girls that do xcel find it easier to go to JO later on? Thank you!

what level usaigc are you? I'm also usaigc right now and I'm switching to xcel

The biggest defining factors are:

Bars: Platinums must do kips and can compete handstands, free hips or giants. Must dismount from high bar but doesn’t need to be a fly away.
Diamonds: can compete pretty much the same as diamond and must do a salto dismount (fly away). They can also do double backs, pirouettes and some releases but not required.

Beam: platinums need either a non flight acro series such as cartwheel cartwheel OR a flight skill such as back handspring. And they also need a dismount but doesn’t have to be a salto (as in back or front tuck).
Diamonds: need to have either a non flight acro series PLUS an acro skill (cartwheel cartwheel and later or a back handspring) or a series with the acro flight in it. Dismount must be a salto.

Floor: platinum must do two tumbling passes. One must have at least two skills in it as in round off back tuck. And the other can have two skills or one B difficulty skill (front layout or front pike)
Diamond: requires two passes with minimum of two skills in each and one must be a B difficulty salto (back full or front pike for example) you can do three passes also as in round off back handspring back tuck PLUS round off back layout and then front layout.

Vault: platinums cannot flip. Diamonds must flip to get a 10. Sv.

The biggest defining factors are:

Bars: Platinums must do kips and can compete handstands, free hips or giants. Must dismount from high bar but doesn’t need to be a fly away.
Diamonds: can compete pretty much the same as diamond and must do a salto dismount (fly away). They can also do double backs, pirouettes and some releases but not required.

Beam: platinums need either a non flight acro series such as cartwheel cartwheel OR a flight skill such as back handspring. And they also need a dismount but doesn’t have to be a salto (as in back or front tuck).
Diamonds: need to have either a non flight acro series PLUS an acro skill (cartwheel cartwheel and later or a back handspring) or a series with the acro flight in it. Dismount must be a salto.

Floor: platinum must do two tumbling passes. One must have at least two skills in it as in round off back tuck. And the other can have two skills or one B difficulty skill (front layout or front pike)
Diamond: requires two passes with minimum of two skills in each and one must be a B difficulty salto (back full or front pike for example) you can do three passes also as in round off back handspring back tuck PLUS round off back layout and then front layout.

There are some inaccuracies here. The handspring full off has a 10SV on vault in diamond and is not a flipping vault.

Diamonds don't have to flip to get a 10.0 SV. They can also twist for the 10.0.
Handspring -> 1/1 twist
Handspring -> 1-1/2 twist
Handspring -> 2/1 twist
1/2 twist On -> 1-1/2 twist Off
1/2 twist On -> 2/1 twist Off
1/1 Twist On -> Handspring Off
1/1 Twist On -> 1/2 twist Off
RO, FF On -> 1/1 twist Off
RO, FF On -> 1-1/2 twist Off

My gym was considering moving girls from igc to xcel next season. I was wondering what skills girls on xcel platinum and xcel diamond competed. I was also wondering if most of the girls that do xcel find it easier to go to JO later on? Thank you!
Xcel platinum is like levels 5/6 except on vault you need a front handspring full off or a quarter on full off. Xcel Diamond is like levels 7/8

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News