Parents USAIGC vs. USAG

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As many issues and problems that there are with the system, given the current state of affairs the only way your daughter will have a shot at college or elite is to get into a high quality USAG JO program as soon as possible. She is 8 so definitely not too early to be thinking about this stuff. I know it sounds crazy but this is a nutty sport and it goes fast and young.

Not trying to sound harsh or scare you and I am sure I will catch flack for saying it but if this is what you want you need to move now. Wait much longer and it will be too late for any of that to be the end goal. USAG XCEL and USAIG do not in the current landscape lead to college track gymnastics period.

I want to say that IGC can let an athlete learn quickly. I believe that to make college USAG is needed but I do not think it has to happen at an early age.

My DD moved from IGC to USAG this year and she is adapting easily. She is the youngest of her level 7 team and all optionals at her gym. She does need refinement but has plenty of time. Only time will tell.

@gymnastics4ever My daughter just went from JO to USAIGC, so I have a little knowledge of the differences if you want to pm me. IGC is perfect for Puma Jr and we are incredibly happy with the program, but it is definitely not the path to elite or NCAA. A very reliable source told me that there are some girls that do NCAA from IGC, and I believe it, but I can only assume that is not DI and not on all four events. And I also cannot name an example. If your DD has any aspirations of NCAA or beyond I think you should get in a solid JO program as soon as you can. Good luck to you!

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back