WAG Vault?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dka

Proud Parent
It seems as though throughout my dd 's gymnastics career, all of the changes have been subtle... The jump to level 8 is enormous especially vault! ( she is going from 6 to 8) the other changes have not been that big but vault is the biggest one. She has her first level 8 meet in 10 days and it scares me, not her. She lands some of them and falls on some. But vault went from and event where it seemed to be a sure 9.3-9.7 to one where I just hope she does not get hurt.. I guess once I get used to it things will get better but I don't know if I can watch!!!

It seems as though throughout my dd 's gymnastics career, all of the changes have been subtle... The jump to level 8 is enormous especially vault! ( she is going from 6 to 8) the other changes have not been that big but vault is the biggest one. She has her first level 8 meet in 10 days and it scares me, not her. She lands some of them and falls on some. But vault went from and event where it seemed to be a sure 9.3-9.7 to one where I just hope she does not get hurt.. I guess once I get used to it things will get better but I don't know if I can watch!!!

This was us last year lol. By the end of the season she hurt her knee and could only do bars and beam-no tumbling. This year its better so hang in there :)

I feel and felt the same way. The vault change at level 8 is huge, especially when doing a yurchenko. It was the first time I was truly nervous for dd's safety. Now my second daughter is competing it this year. Mock meet she fell. :( I will be right their with ya this year. Best of luck!

I'm in the same boat with dd, a first year level 8. She will be competing a yurchenko this year and it is definitely going to be a nail biting season for me. I think she is feeling pretty confident. It's me who will have her eyes closed while video-ing the vts. Lol

I wish USAG would change level 7 to be a stepping stone toward the flipping vts. I recall reading here that other countries to this and it makes the transition easier.

My daughter competed 8 and a tsuk last year. Oddly, it didn't scare me that much. Bars stress me way more!

This year she is competing 9....first meet this weekend. She's doing a yurchenko this year.

I feel like I'm still more stressed for bars (and beam!!)

My DD isn't doing flipping vaults yet, but I hate watching those vaults with the other girls! I can handle watching the rest but man, vault....

Welcome to optional vaulting, the first couple of meets are always a treat.....

Aw don't worry about it...... well, not too much. My experience is that a meet setting really get the kids focused and pumped up with energy. As long as the extra bit of energy gets focused the right way the kids will do a bit better than in training.

That notion goes out the window if they're trying to do vaults they aren't ready for. Let's hope nobody is having to deal with that.

The jump to level 8 is enormous especially vault! ( she is going from 6 to 8) the other changes have not been that big but vault is the biggest one. She has her first level 8 meet in 10 days and it scares me, not her. She lands some of them and falls on some. But vault went from and event where it seemed to be a sure 9.3-9.7 to one where I just hope she does not get hurt.. I guess once I get used to it things will get better but I don't know if I can watch!!![/quote]

We are right there with you! My daughters will also be competing their first level 8 meet in about 10 days, but oddly, the bars make me more nervous then the vault, right now. lol
I guess we will be all cringing together!

Dd fell on her yuri at every meet in lev 8 and 9 where she competed it. And she's totally fine. Now she's a 9/10 and consistently landing it, and has upgraded it as well. I feel so much better, relieved now.

She did fall on her vault scored an 8.4 the rest of the meet was great 9.35 bar 9.25 floor and 8.9 on beam.. Overall great first level 8 meet!

DD gets to compete what I believe is called timers..... So yurchenko entry to candle position on mats the height of the vault.

I love it. She gets to focus on that part. The flip only happens at practice (and one Tavel meet a year). For another 18 months :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back