Anon Warmups Between Events

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (baae)

I have been searching through the USA Gymnastics regulations and cannot find anything.

Is there any regulation that prevents Xcel Competitors from wearing their Track Jacket or something between events and while warming up for events? I have a very cold sensitive gymnast and struggles with how cold the competition venues are kept.

Mine is DP but at lots of combined meets and at big ones with non-competing rotations girls definitely put their warmups back on. Ours never put their leggings back on because they’re Ozone ones with tight ankles that are impossible to get on quickly. At some meets they are cold but really far from their backpacks so they keep moving to stay warm. I think you don’t see warmups going back on little kids because it’s just too much to keep track of and too much assistance is required from the coaches. With 10-15 girls it could take the whole break to get everyone zipped up and then it would time to be back in leotards anyway.

I have no idea but I would just ask her coach. Sometimes they have their own rules even if USAG allows something, like shorts at competitions.

I would assume that it could be a concern if the warm up is baggy or loose-fitting and could present a risk if worn when on the equipment (fabric getting caught or flipping over head when upside down etc). But when just sitting and waiting between rotation, we have many girls who put their warm up jackets on.

This is totally fine - I've even seen gymnasts with blankets waiting for events. it's also very common to wear slides/socks/shoes when waiting on cold concrete floors.

It's allowed but sometimes inconvenient. Blankets can be easier.

Our girls have started to take blankets. Some of the venues are so ridiculously cold

Metroplex was so cold last year parents and coaches were handing coats and jackets to the girls in between events, they put them over their regular warmups. No rules against it. My daughter actually requested I buy hand warmers for this meet season too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back