Parents Well, that's one way to get over a mental block!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymbeam

Proud Parent
My DD started a brand new school today. She discovered on the playground that there were two girls in her class that also go to her new gym! And, *GASP* they could both do BHS!

So, my daughter busts in the house after school, throws down her backpack, goes to her room, comes back out in a leo and does a beautiful BHS! LOL!

Her coaches have been saying for a long time that her BHS trouble was all in her head- coaches haven't really had to spot her for months…they've just barely been holding a finger on her.

Not today, girlfriends! :) Plus, she had gym tonight and as soon as I walked in at the end of practice, her HC said "She nailed her BHS tonight!"

So, a little schoolyard rivalry did the trick. Go figure!

*These other two girls also have their aerials…. uh oh…..

I'm still cracking up over this. Yesterday, she wanted to present herself as so "grown up"…ya know, going to school the first day in a nice dress and nice shoes and hair just so.

Today, on the other hand, she threw her hair in a pony tail, put on gym shorts, tennis shoes and a gymnastics T-shirt and can't wait for recess today.

That is awesome. Mine also started a new school. She did not meet any other gymnasts but her new friend is a cheerleader..... Not to much competition there :)

Way to go! A little "peer pressure" did some good!

My DD started a new school last year. She didn't have any friends who were gymnasts, but the girls who were cheerleaders were in awe of her tumbling. That is, all that they got to see. Some of it is too advanced to show off on the playground at school. ;)

She's home now from day 2 and quite pleased with her day (in general and with the playground tumbling)!

They had PE today for the first time and the 3 gymnasts asked if they could do some conditioning. LOL!

The other two can do a press handstand…my daughter almost can.

So, you can guess what she's doing right now… :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back