MAG What are the Big Meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Kathy

Proud Parent
Our gym is thinking of traveling next season to 1 or 2 larger meets. We are in PA, but are open to travel anywhere.

What meets have the most/best competition? What meets have the most Level 10 competitors?

I have come up with the following. What meets do you think would be worth the cost of traveling? Which meets am I missing?

**Winter Cup and Blackjack Competition (Dusty Ritter) in Las Vegas, NV
Excalibur Cup in Virginia Beach, Va
TDNI (Tim Daggett) in MA/CT
**Windy City Invitational, IL
**Metroplex Challenge, TX
Greensboro Gymnastics Invitational, NC

**Seems the most competitive.

Another big meet in the Chicago area, but is early in the season, is the Hawaiian Pineapple. It is usually about a week before Christmas.....this year it was just days, though.

I think the Houston meet in a couple of weeks is pretty competitive.

Iceberg and MIGS in Minnesota.

Windy City is competitive and so it the IGI Chicago Style meet. We are going to the Circle of Stars invitational in Indy in a few weeks too, so I can let you know how that is. It is a big meet that gyms from all over attend.

Chicago Style
Sand Dollar

The Pink Invitational in Philly gets bigger every year... Multiple sessions for each level including level 10.

Thank you all so much! This is so helpful.

Just looking online, and I think a decent way to decide the size/competition may be by the # of Level 10 competitors. Thoughts?

I am specifically looking for Mens meets. Although meets with both Men, Women and Trampoline is a bonus.

Sorry, I am new to this and not sure how to respond to PM;)

Mary A - No big deal ... I was hoping the Pink Meet was for men too!

Two additional men's meets you might consider for next year are Brian Babcock (at Parkettes) and the West Point Open. Both close to you, both chock full of top regional/national competitors. The Philadelphia Boys meet is also excellent, but I don't know what will happen with it if the Temple men's team is not reactivated.

Oh, almost forgot! Greater New York Invitational -- both men's and women's sessions, nice meet with some good competition at the optional levels this past year for the guys.

We have done Blackjack, that is a great meet. We liked Houston National Invitational as well. MIGS is a good meet, maybe a bit smaller, but it is cool to compete with the colleges. We are goign to Whiltow this year, so I will learn about that one now!

We also have done Stanford Open, which our upper level boys really liked.

Yes, they are holding Blackjack this year (we are going) but it's at the Riviera instead of the event center where it used to be. Something about the lease on the event center? I just heard that this will be the last year, but all my "knowledge" comes through the grapevine so I could very well be wrong.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back