What gymnastics level would I be?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymluv

I do recreational gymnastics and I'm going to start doing competitive gymnastics. I can do a back handspring with a spot. I can do a back kickover, an handstand,a handstanf forward roll,a tik tok, and a front walkover. On bars I can do a pullover, a back hipcircle,and potentially a sole circle. On beam,I can walk in releve backwards and forwards. I can also do a side handstsnd and come straight down. I can also do half step turn and do a cartwheel on the low beam and stay on about 75% of the time. On vault, I can do a handspring a land on the resi pit. What level would I be, how many hours would I practice weekly,and how much would it cost. Also,if I'm not at least a level 4 yet,what do I need to work on to be a level 4?

* You are a Level 3
Has the gym told you what level you are going to compete, sounds like you are already at a gym, ask them.

It sounds like you could be close to moving to level 4. The hours and fees vary too much between area of the country and gym to really comment.

These are the key skills to focus on:

Floor - Back handspring (need it without a spot),
Bars - front hip circle and cast, and
Beam - side dismount, jumps, arabesque/scale.

Don't be afraid to ask the coach what they want you to work on. Good luck!

Aside to GymGirlsMom --Funny you picked that site -- that's my DD on bars in the video that they used for the example. They just randomly found it on YouTube. Hard to believe she doing giants now!

Level 4 routines and skills- you could get there with a good coach, and some determination with a few months of work.Level 4 Gymnastics Routine | The World of Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back