Parents Your DD/DS... Go!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MY DD:
will be 10 years old in 11 days lol. She has been in gymnastics for 3 years in October and will be competing for 1 year in August.

She will be compete new level 4 this fall. Her favorite event is bars and I think her strongest event is bars also.

Loves to be a goof ball, she laughs about everything, and has lonnnng feet and I swear that is what keeps her up on that beam 1/2 the time!

She is doing a real lot of uptraining right now, I went into the gym last night and saw her do 2 giants. She hates to "show off", I think she should... she works hard for what she achieves, she has the right to do a little show off time!

Great Post!

DD just turned 6.
I own a small rec gym so she is in intermediate classes now (L4 skills), and will start pre-team in the fall as we build our new building. She will probably start new L4 in a year IF we start a USAG team.
Her favorite event is bars and is determined to get a kip;) She did one fluke one and is now convinced she can do them.
She is convinced she will go to the Olympics one day, and trains with that passion, which is hilarious;) Going to be tough for her in my gym;)
Her favorite gymnast is Shawn Johnson.
She loves all things gymnastics and horse related. We are going to get her horseback riding lessons this summer hopefully. She is soooo small though I don't know if she can start yet.
She is very strong-headed, a complete goofball, and a momma's girl. I ca't wait to see what life has in store for her!

My Little Miss is 7 and has been in gymnastics since age two. Last season she competed level 4, this year level 5 and will soon (hopefully!) score out of level 6. She hopes to be an optional next year. She is strong and feisty in the gym, but has a kind heart and is a good friend. She doesn't know her own strength and has broken many things in our home, including a window, kitchen drawer, closet door and more! She claims she can't pick one favorite event, but I'd say bars and floor. She has a super silly streak, which at times, keeps her coaches a little frustrated, but she works hard and is very coachable. She loves gymnastics, gymnastics and more gymnastics! She seems to have no specific interest in other activities, and we are sure to give her down time to just be a kid to run, play and explore. She has no "off button" for doing gymnastics, which would be helpful to find at times, lol. ;) She's built strong and compact.

My DD:
8 years old
Has competed 2 years (L3, L5). Skipped L4 and scored out of L6. Will compete L6 or L7 next season depending on skill progression. Is short and muscular and struggles with flexibility. Loves bars, hates beam.

She is the goalie on her soccer team and does barrel racing. Loves horses, peace signs, and making anything into a competition. Spends a lot of time exercising to build strength at home, anything to help her in her physical activities.

Struggles with math at school but reads several grade levels ahead. Loves to read fiction and non-fiction books. Has always had a lot of difficulties fitting in at school, which of course breaks my heart.

A hysterical child. Says funny, funny things and makes me laugh every single day. She is also very loving and her favorite time of the day is our pre-bed snuggle time. Also very in tune with "justice". It angers her when people are mistreated or when a situation isn't "fair". (And she LOVES it when I tell her life isn't fair!) This gets her into trouble when she attempts to rectify the situation.

Here goes on my DD:
10 years old
Competed level 5 last fall. No idea what she's competing this fall (finding out in June)
Favorite event: beam or floor
Favorite gymnast: Shawn Johnson and the Nebraska college gymansts
Loves: Nebraska gymnastics, animals, her iPad mini (and Minecraft), hanging out with friends
Wants to be a gymnastics coach and a Vet
Has made gym stations all over our house since she started gymnastics when she was 4.
Has Severs disease and was recently diagnosed with exercise induced asthma and vocal cord dysfunction.
Competitive at times, strong legs, incredibly caring, hates bullies and when people are mean to her friends, only child, smart.
She's always the underdog...but I don't think she minds. :)

My daughter is 11 and just finished competing 8.

Her favorite event is bars, followed by bars and when she's done with bars she likes to work on bars.

Her favorite gymnast is one of her teammates who's trying to qualify elite this year.

She is an extremely focused and determined competitor... Not! Literally seconds before vaulting at a meet this year she was standing at the end of the runway doing some nutty dance because, well, she's 11. She loves to smile and laugh and above all else just thinks gymnastics is fun.

She is the least flexible human on earth. She has a ridiculous leotard collection because her mother (that'd be me) has a wee bit of a shopping addiction. I figure I am helping because even when she falls, she looks stunning!

She is also an underdog. She's heard you can't do this sport so many times, but she just keeps moving along.

Hi

My dd is 6, and in a development squad hoping to move up to squad in September but most likely to be Christmas or next easter, she hopes to do grade 14 next year.

favourite thing at the moment is bars, and the vault is way out of favour! It is usually what is going well at the time. She does an extra session on a Friday with her favourite coach, they just concentrate on one bit of apparatus in that session, and it's quite often after that the favourite changes.

she doesn't have a good build for gym really, bit heavy, long body with short legs, but she has massive shoulder strength which is helping her out.

she wants to join the swim team when she turns 7 as well but I think she has to do one or other not both. Strange having such a sporty child when I never have been. She wants to be a builder when she grows up.

Her favourite gymnast is Beth Tweddle

My daughter is 11 and just finished competing 8.

Her favorite event is bars, followed by bars and when she's done with bars she likes to work on bars.

Her favorite gymnast is one of her teammates who's trying to qualify elite this year.

She is an extremely focused and determined competitor... Not! Literally seconds before vaulting at a meet this year she was standing at the end of the runway doing some nutty dance because, well, she's 11. She loves to smile and laugh and above all else just thinks gymnastics is fun.

She is the least flexible human on earth. She has a ridiculous leotard collection because her mother (that'd be me) has a wee bit of a shopping addiction. I figure I am helping because even when she falls, she looks stunning!

She is also an underdog. She's heard you can't do this sport so many times, but she just keeps moving along.

Love this! Very cute!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using ChalkBucket mobile app

DD is 8. She is in XCel Bronze for now.
Her favorite event used to be bars. When she was just starting gymnastics, I took her to a rythmic gymnastics class to see if maybe she'll like it better. But she said, no, I don't like it, they don't have bars. LOL
She had two meets so far, and screwed up her bars on both, so now she says her favorite event is floor. :) Hope she'll do better at the next meet, because she is pretty good on bars at practices.
Favorite gymnast - Aly Raisman of course! Not only she is from our home state, but she is also on DD's favorite TV show - DWTS! Although, she is a little torn, because she loves Zandaya too, Shake It Up is one of her favorite Disney shows.

And she finally got her BHS last week! Yay! Hoping to switch to JO new level 3 next season.

• My DD:
    7 years old (8 in May)
    2nd yr in Rec
    Favorite event Beam
    Favorite gymnast Gabby Douglas
    Loves.. Gymnastics, watching movies on Mom's ipod, gymnastics, swimming, camping,coloring, reading and going over to the frozen yogurt shop after practice with Mom.
    Wants to be on the team really bad
    Thinks anywhere is A-OK to do a cart wheel or handstand at the drop of a hat no matter where she is!
    Hard worker, silly, lively, strong, fearless, great sense of humor, empathetic and nurturing, snuggle bug.

My daughter is 7years old
Training level 7
Favorite event is bars
Favorite Gymnast- Kyla Ross
We refer to her as an old sole. She is very outspoken and confident for her age and is completely fearless. She once climbed onto the pit bar and threw a double back dismount because she thought it looked cool.
She is having a great training spurt right now recently landing a front layout, a double front tuck, and full twist on floor. She sometimes appears awkward doing these skills because she is so tiny.
She loves gymnastics but get her home and aside from the bouncing on my furniture and changing into 5 different leotards a day she loves to play mindcraft with her big brother or watch shows that we TiVo together.
She has a great sense of humor and loves to help me in the kitchen when I cook, she even has her own apron! She along with every other girl wants to make it to the Olympics. I just want to raise a happy healthy daughter and if that dream happens then it's a bonus :)

My son is 5.25 years old and is in developmental class right now with the goal to compete in January 2014 (he's a Christmas Day baby). He started gymnastics at age 3.5 and was hooked immediately. He has amazing upper body strength- they call him "Popeye" at his gym. When he first heard about such a thing as team he decided that's what he wanted to do, and tells anyone and everyone. He's more excited about the possibility of being on team in January than he is starting kindergarten in the fall. Lol.

He's a smart kid (actually is in transitional kindergarten because he was ready but not old enough for kindy this school year), is very out going, and has a good sense and judgement of character. He is a people person.

His favorites are p-bars and mushroom/pommel horse. And he loves the trampoline too.

His favorite gymnasts are Jonathan Horton and John Orozco. He made us record the Olympics so he could watch all the men's gymnastics over and over.

If it were up to him he'd be in the gym every day. So he does open gym (even though its geared toward the under five set) three times a week and an hour long class twice a week. Even still, he wants more.

Though we are still new, we look forward to seeing where he goes and progresses with gymnastics. He comes by it naturally, both his birth parents were recreational gymnasts until end of elementary school and junior high.

He's a great kid, full of life and energy. He rarely stops and is always raring to go.

My daughter is 7
Did Excel this past year
JO new level 3 this coming year

Favorite gymnast is Shawn Johnson or Gabby Douglas - we are from Iowa ;)
Favorite is today is Bars but has been all of them at some point depends on the day

She LOVES gymnastics and when we read her letter of invite to the JO team she screamed her bloody head off. The gym was loved the video I shared with them so much they put it on their website as the lead video- giggle. She also loves to sing and dance and generally just be the outgoing little nugget she is.

Her muscles have been developed since she was a baby, my Mom pointed out to me when she was rolling around on the floor that she had "abs of steel" even as a 3 month old.

After our team meeting I was swimming with information but we are happy to support her dream as long as she wants to work hard and see where it takes her. I competed back in the stone ages and so I know that this sport is amazing and what it can do for girls personally. I am happy to have found this board of information!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back