Parents first L2 meet done!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

emorymom

Proud Parent
Things went great. DD a young 6 had just gotten her vault "over" (I think she had some fear issues) maybe four practices ago and then they didn't do vault last practice she said, so pretty good!

Vault -- 8.05 -- I'm very pleased with that as see above. I was so thrilled!

Bars -- 7.85 -- I expected this to be her highest scoring event, but she overshot her back hip circle -- never seen her do that -- and took several steps on the dismount -- that I expected.

Beam -- 8.05 -- no falls!

Floor -- 8.00. She's 6 and still has serious "style" issues but she seemed to hit her music well. My cousin asked "what could she have done to get .05 more on floor" (to get 32 AA which is a goal -- she got 31.95) and I said oh, let me count the ways? Straight legs here and here and ... but I am very proud. She has worked super hard for that 8!

I thought it was a good focused performance for her and a fine first meet. She was 11th out of 15th AA for the 6 year olds. Her team got 4th of 7.

That is great!!!!! :) I have a 6 yr old level 2 as well. That floor music is so hard to keep up with at the right pace. Excellent job!!! Very good!!!! My daughter has yet to find her style as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back