I log in, reply to a PM, and lose my message because I'm not logged in!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I scanned the forum to see if I could find this anywhere...so I'm sorry if it's a duplicate. I also apologize if I sound frustrated--it's nothing personal. I realize that this is a free site and it costs me nothing but I gain a lot from it. But this drives me insane every time it happens!:mad:

Today I am sitting at my pc. I log in to the CB. I go to my Inbox and choose to reply to one of my messages. I spend a good 5-7 minutes typing my response. I hit Submit. I get told I'm not logged in and I lose my reply!

I don't get this because I MUST be logged in to be in my inbox looking at my PMs! It hasn't been 30 minutes. It hasn't been 15 minutes. It's been MAYBE 10 minutes and I've been typing the whole time. I didn't get up and make a sandwich or do a load of laundry and come back...I just took a few minutes to type. In fact, I'm afraid that by the time I finish THIS Message, I may lose it, too!

I have tried to make a habit of copying my responses before hitting submit just in case, but I had assumed it could be attributable to using CB from an iPhone (which is how I usually access it). So today, at my pc, I did not copy it. ARGH!

So I decided, instead of trying to remember to always copy my posts before submitting (because I often forget and get MAD), i thought I would see if you (JBS or Bog) know what is causing this so it can be fixed.

Okay, rant over!;) Thank you for all you do on this site. I know your job is not an easy one and it is much appreciated. But I am just aggravated at technology right now!!!

P.S. I copied all of that ^ just in case and, of course, it didn't log me out THIS time.:eek:

I will look into it right now and see if there is anything set wrong.

OK...I have increased the forum cookie time from 15 minutes to 60 minutes. It should not log you out for 1 hour of no activity. Activity is considered as changing pages. Typing does not count as activity.

Please be sure to always copy your post before submitting, please let me know if it happens again and I will look into it further.

Yeah that seemed to change when we switched over. A lot of times I would stop typing a post for a couple minutes, but not too long, and it would tell me I logged out. So, I would copy the post, log back in, and paste it in a new reply. You don't lose it that way, but if you don't copy before logging in you do. I don't know if it's because I'm using quick reply now too but that's just what I hit now, because that's what the "reply" button takes you to. I would probably prefer not to do it but I can't really figure that out, or if it's an option.

Yeah that seemed to change when we switched over. A lot of times I would stop typing a post for a couple minutes, but not too long, and it would tell me I logged out. So, I would copy the post, log back in, and paste it in a new reply. You don't lose it that way, but if you don't copy before logging in you do. I don't know if it's because I'm using quick reply now too but that's just what I hit now, because that's what the "reply" button takes you to. I would probably prefer not to do it but I can't really figure that out, or if it's an option.

I'm not really sure what it could be...is anyone else having any issues with the quick reply box or getting logged out in general?

I am having a problem with getting logged out with not touching a page for about 5 or so minutes :/

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back